Searching for a doe in milk. SW MO/ NW AR/SE KS/ NE OK

1cock2hens

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jul 2, 2015
My tiny house in Powell Missouri
Hi all,, I'm in Mcdonald County Missouri( I'm 20 minutes north of pearidge Arkansas, an hour from ne Oklahoma, an hour from se Kansas ), I've been searching for a dairy goat because of this formula shortage but have had no luck finding a suitable goat and we are having alot of trouble finding baby formula currently. I would love help finding an Inexpensive/free dairy goat to feed my babies, I have a 20 month old and 10 month old, if anyone has the hookup or a good lead I would greatly appreciate any and all information given.

Are there any folks with Nigerian Dwarf goats in your area? Their milk tastes better than most goat milk since it's a bit higher in fat. Mine milk 1 quart+ a day. You will need at least 2, since they are herd animals. I'm nowhere near you, or I'd help with milk. Your best bet would be to find out if there's a Nigerian Dwarf goat club in your state and contact them. That's how I wound up with my girls.

Hi all,, I'm in Mcdonald County Missouri( I'm 20 minutes north of pearidge Arkansas, an hour from ne Oklahoma, an hour from se Kansas ), I've been searching for a dairy goat because of this formula shortage but have had no luck finding a suitable goat and we are having alot of trouble finding baby formula currently. I would love help finding an Inexpensive/free dairy goat to feed my babies, I have a 20 month old and 10 month old, if anyone has the hookup or a good lead I would greatly appreciate any and all information given.
Do the babies need a certain type of formula?
I am in a large city and the shortage if here too but I can keep an eye out for specific formulas for you.

Do the babies need a certain type of formula?
I am in a large city and the shortage if here too but I can keep an eye out for specific formulas for you.
You're kind, last time I was at the grocery store they had no baby formula at all and my smallest one loves the goat milk so I think we are going to keep her on powdered goats milk, it's cheaper than formula too.

Are there any folks with Nigerian Dwarf goats in your area? Their milk tastes better than most goat milk since it's a bit higher in fat. Mine milk 1 quart+ a day. You will need at least 2, since they are herd animals. I'm nowhere near you, or I'd help with milk. Your best bet would be to find out if there's a Nigerian Dwarf goat club in your state and contact them. That's how I wound up with my girls.
Ideally I would love a Nigerian doe in milk, I have a Nigerian buck, I'm picking up 2 Nigerian does today actually but they are still young, price was just too good, im still looking fir a goat in milk though

You're kind, last time I was at the grocery store they had no baby formula at all and my smallest one loves the goat milk so I think we are going to keep her on powdered goats milk, it's cheaper than formula too.
I don't know a thing about goats milk. Let me know if you need me to look out for powdered goat milk at my grocery stores.
I'm in Houston and I have thousands of grocery stores although I only visit a handful regularly.

20220520_180419.jpg
20220520_180839.jpg
20220520_180958.jpg
20220520_181023.jpg

Jasper is my light colored buckling, Alice and Aster are my little black doelings

Last edited:
Super cute goats!

I can't believe I forgot about this, but as far as finding raw milk itself this might be helpful. The Weston A Price Foundation might also have info on where to get raw milk. Local Harvest might also be a place to find farms that have milk.

Super cute goats!

I can't believe I forgot about this, but as far as finding raw milk itself this might be helpful. The Weston A Price Foundation might also have info on where to get raw milk. Local Harvest might also be a place to find farms that have milk.
Never heard of the weston a price foundation, my partner is enjoying there website, ty

Back
Top Bottom