Searching for a forever home

Linda Hicks

Chirping
Mar 19, 2018
Hi guys....I live in Colorado and my mated 2 year old pair of pilgrim geese are searching for a great home before the winter sets in. They are very healthy, just finishing their molt and you would never know it. Their feathers are beautiful. The goose has laid 50 some eggs each year and she has never had any problems. The eggs are strong and great for crafting. Let me know soon please. [email protected]

Did you have any other fowl around? We have 4 pilgrim geese, 2 male 2 female, and 10 ducks. They're only 2 months old though and very friendly so I wouldn't want to introduce any that are aggressive.

I don't blame you in being cautious with introductions. The female is mild ...my gander has imprinted on me so he is very sweet with me. In their first year they had another pair whom they grew up with and all was bliss and fun until the breeding season arrived. I have to say, putting it gently, all hell broke loose. The ganders were fighting over the females and the gander I have now got the worst end of it , not to mention the wing beats and bites I got trying to get them apart. It was even worse when I did enter the picture as my imprinted gander would fight even harder to protect me.
Being in a new home at his less aggressive stage in the year, not in his home turf may not be a problem. I can't really say. I have had wild ducks in the pasture and they didn't bother them. Breeding season in all honesty is all aggression.

Anyone who is reading this thread could step in and offer up advice for both of us.

Your right this is perfect time of year to rehome and if the geese and duckling are just 2 months old that is really going to make it easier for an adult pair to accept them geese love babies, it would still be best to have a meet and greet pen so they can see each other but not have physical contact but I honestly don’t think there would be much of a problem getting them to be one flock at this time of the year.

Last edited:
No, not yet. I have been after the gander a lot more for chasing the horses. One horse has figured out his game and ignores him so the gander leaves him alone the other horse stays still till his nerves gives out then runs...which thrills the gander. I need to go to Florida this fall and the lady who takes care of my animals is afraid of him. I need to teach her some tricks of the trade. I'll keep them till I can find the perfect home.

There is one lady in New Mexico but it's not a done deal. Little nervous about it.

Back
Top Bottom