Searching for a new incubator

Pickabreed

Hatching
Mar 28, 2017
Hello all,
I am new to BC so hello everyone-I currently breed and show over 7 breeds of bantams in Texas and unfortunately my incubator has seen its last days. I am looking at getting a cabinet incubator but before taking the dive to purchase a new one I decided to make this post to see if anyone out there has one they would be willing to part with or if they know of people willing to part from their incubators. Of course when my incubator breaks my girls start laying as if it were no tomorrow. Keeping my eyes out on craigslist and ebay but I am not finding what I am wanting. I fear that buying a GQF from ebay wont be the real deal and I will end up being disappointing in it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you all so much,
Sabrina

I don't have any leads for you, but welcome to BYC! I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction shortly!
smile.png

A lot of the GQF incubators I have seen advertised on Craigslist are not real GQF's. Unless you can find one local that you can go look at, I'd recommend buying a new one directly from the manufacturer. You should consider a Dickey also. Great reviews on both of them.
Having said all that, I use a Leahy Redwood #416.
wink.png

Wow thanks for telling me about the Dickey incubators. They seem to be a lot cheaper than the GQF incubators and come with egg turners and such. May be a case of more bang for your buck, eh?

Brinseas are good. My pride and joy is an old Lyon incubator. It is an antique but boy is it accurate, highly recommend it if you're lucky enough to find a used one. Getting ready to fill it up in a few days but I think it'll hold about 50 duck eggs if you're not using the auto turner. Just stay away from the cheap styrofoam ones, they seem to have trouble holding an even temp, even the circulated air units.

Back
Top Bottom