Searching for an amazing incubator

FrostyWind

Songster
Jun 12, 2016
Right so (I posted this topic on the thread with Pigeons and Doves)
Is there an incubator that can hatch any type/species of eggs?
It must include an egg turner and humidity gauge or something?
Can the incubator be adjusted for any egg that gets put into it.
Lets say my jacobin pigeon female laid 2 eggs and she broke one, and she nearly almost broke the other but I manage to get it(this isn't happening remember), so I took the egg but I don't even have somewhere to keep it waem except a heating blanket, but im not there 24/7 to check and turn it all the time?
Is there an incubator that hatch any egg or I can adjust it for that type of egg(without even knowing the temperature for the egg)? I mean I come across all shape abd sizes of eggs, from wrens, sparrows, parrots, chickens, pigeons, peacocks, ostriches, emus l, guinea fowl etc
Is there an incubator very close and simular to what im trying to describe?
Or I can build it? Or buy it?

I personally have only hatched chickens in my Brinsea Mini Advance, but the instructions say it can hatch a large range of species and tells what temperatures to use for each one. It has a turner, and I've had really good experiences with it. They can be expensive from Brinsea or Amazon, but sometimes you can find them for less than $100 on eBay. Good luck!

You mean an incubator where you put the egg in and then you select Jacobin pigeon from a menu or something and the incubator knows all the settings? I don't know of such an incubator.

But there aren't that many settings to worry about. You should be able to look up the settings for whatever egg you're going to incubate. The two main settings are temperature and humidity. Then there's how often to turn the eggs (if at all). And beyond that you might have some very minor things like when to sound an alarm if the temperature drops or something. It's not that hard to set those things manually.

I'm not going to recommend a particular incubator as I've only used one and have nothing to compare it to.

Look into the Interview, I want one but Hubby bought me a Janoel12 for Valentine's Day :duc It's got good reviews but the Interview hold more & has the setting & turner, good reviews & sounds really easy to operate.

Janoels are supposed to be the best (according to to hatch-addicts in the hatch-along forum.)

Incubators that control temperature and humidity and are forced air and turn the eggs are usually pretty expensive. ($370 and it isn't even forced air. Nor does it control humidity.)

If you'd rather make one, here's a list of recipes from BYCers.

With your goals, I'd begin by buying a car humidifier ($16), a good fan ($17), an extension cord with a light bulb socket attached ($8), and a temperature and humidity controller.($35) That would, effectively, give me an incubator. I'd just have to find a box for it.

And yes, turning would be manual. If you have a problem with that, buy an automatic egg turner tray for an additional twenty bucks (don't look to Amazon for this one. They have no selection.)

For a hundred dollars and some effort, I'll make an incubator rather than buy one. But luckily, I have these:
Lavender4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom