Searching for help in my new hatchery

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jorje70rivera, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jorje70rivera

Jorje70rivera New Egg

Jun 19, 2016
    Hello I'm looking for some help I'm trying to open a hatchery in my house I need for information about what I need and what are the regulations in the business I'm only going to have 3 different type of chicken and some Peking duck I have 3 incubator but I need some legal advice on the hatchery business any one could help me will be great

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Hmm, I never checked or never asked, I just kept hatching and selling 1000's and 1000's, from my home. The State DVM said I would have to do this or to become certified to ship out of state----I never checked any farther---never shipped.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! I frankly have no idea of what the legalities are for starting your own hatchery. You might inquire in your state or area thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Perhaps a local can give you some advice. Best wishes on your venture and thanks for joining BYC!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry, I have no clue about the legalities involved. Maybe your local agric extension guys may know?

Best wishes
    CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Jorje70rivera [​IMG] Welcome!

Having 5 pet only bantams in a suburban back garden, your questions are way out of my league but I do wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your plans!

8. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    [​IMG] Good luck maybe you should check with your authorities what the regulations are to do 'commercial' farming - if that is what you are planning.

9. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Hello and :welcome! I'm so glad you joined us here and I hope you enjoy it just as much as the rest of us do! Unfortunately, I'm clueless as to the requirements/rules for hatcheries, so I can't help you there. :( Best of luck with your plans though!

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home here, and enjoy all the chickeny folks! :frow

~Cuz

I'd look into getting NPIP certified, it makes people more comfortable with buying animals from you. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by