Seattle Chicks-newbies!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jeniham, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jeniham

jeniham New Egg

Aug 15, 2011
    We are new to both BYC, and chickens. Having been thinking about them forever, thought we (me and my chicken crazy eldest daughter) could convince the hubby/dad to hop aboard the chicken train by spring. Stopped by Bay Hay & Feed on Bainbridge on Sunday, and they (to everyone's surprise, even theirs, had some new chicks, born 8/10! We arrived back in Seattle with 2 Barred Rocks (who are a little feisty!), 2 Amerucaunas (one of whom is always leading the others into box pecking), and 2 Rhode Island Reds (who love to snuggle). Love having a fluffy box of life in the kitchen! The dogs are fascinated and so far, well behaved-a minor miracle considering that we are talking about a lab and a springer!

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

congrats on getting chicks

Imp

4. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your new chicks! [​IMG]

5. riverchicks

riverchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Welcome to BYC! Enjoy those chicks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] from north central washington! sounds like youi'll have lots of fun with your new additions!

7. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Ethel, WA Also in case you haven't found it yet I would like to invite you to join more "locals" (and maybe loco's) on the WA thread. No need to worry about trying to read all the past or even keep up with the current posts as this thread is kind known for being the fast lane. Awesome people with tons of knowledge and always willing to help. Again welcome and hope to seee you here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Welcome to BYC, jeniham! Great to have you on board. [​IMG] I have a huge chocolate lab who is absolutely captivated by my chickens, especially chicks. But he's very kind to them. Best of luck with your brood! [​IMG]

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

10. urban-chick-mom

urban-chick-mom Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Welcome! First off, this site is very addicting. I must spend a couple hours a day reading posts of various topics. Learned a lot from this forum. I am a new chick mom as of March this year. I never in my life thought that chickens would be so much fun and entertaining. They free range in my fenced backyard from mid morning till dusk when they all find their way back to the coop. I love watching them grow. Now I am patiently waiting for some eggs! My White Leghorn should be getting close. Have fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by