Seattleites

Quote:
I have 8 chickens too
big_smile.png

Have not had to go buy eggs since sept when they started laying, and only 3 hens laying so far!

So between my chickens and quails I seriously doubt I will ever have to buy eggs again
gig.gif

Where do you guys go to get feed? I go to the Hayes Feed store in Burien, but they don't have anything really duck geared, and I was maybe wanting some organic stuff.

Quote:
I get feed delivered but I have to get a order of 2000lbs or more.
Its not certified organic but the farm that does the feed tries to be as organic as possible. if anything is sprayed on the growing fields it is done before planting and never while the plant is growing. almost everything is grown and processed locally.
My chickens/goats/quail love the feed!

Patriot farms and owner is great!

You can get from:

Reber Ranch Tack & Feed Store
(253) 630-3330
28606 132d Ave SE, Kent, WA 98042

Grange Supply
(425) 392-6469
145 Ne Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027

Bothell Feed Center
20809 Bothell Everett Hwy
Bothell, WA 98021
(425) 481-8882

Seattle Coop - It is locate at the old Rainer Brewery (south of the Safeco Field, can see from I5) and will move to new location 2011. They are currently looking for new location.

Last edited:
Quote:
Its not certified organic but the farm that does the feed tries to be as organic as possible. if anything is sprayed on the growing fields it is done before planting and never while the plant is growing. almost everything is grown and processed locally.

How does it come out for 50lbs per bag? I am interest getting broiler feed in summer. Do you have a good source to buy from?

Quote:

How does it come out for 50lbs per bag? I am interest getting broiler feed in summer. Do you have a good source to buy from?

depending on the feed its $11-$20 per bag of feed.
broiler feed would be in the 13-15 per 50lb bag I think.

just looked it up 16% grower, with delivery to my place for pickup by you, is $14 or so.. depends on my provider since his price is based on the local ingredients in the feed.

Last edited:
I pay about 12$ for a 25lb bag of food, so I imagine that I could get around double that for the same price with you? Would you mind if you added some for me the next time you order your ton (literally lol!) of food?
Also, I am hoping to go on a research trip in the next month for two weeks, and I am asking friends if they would be willing to watch my trio and keep them in at night and socialize with them, so I might as well ask here. The trip would be around Feb 16 to March 3rd or so.

Quote:
Where are you located? I might know a chicken peep that is close by.

I am currently rounding up orders for feed. how many bags of the below list? I will pm the price to you on the ones you are interested in.
Patriot Farms has great feed! it is a mash like fine, so be aware of that.
Delivery would be around the first week or 2 of Feb. to my place by northgate mall. You would have to pick up from there.

excerpt from Patriot Farms feed list:
20% MAX GROW
Pigs, Cattle, Poultry. If you are growing meat, this is your feed!

16% Grower
Pigs, Cattle, Poultry. This is a great all around source of vitamins and minerals for steady growth.

16% Poultry Special
This is for layers only! This is a blend of whole scratch grains and oyster shell calcium, vitamins and minerals for a complete backyard bird feed. Give this a try!

14% All Purpose
This is a blend for sheep, goats and horse folks that don't want all the mineral supplements.

14% Super Equine
This is our best horse mix with oats, alfalfa, wheat pellet and flax seed. We add an excellent mineral for a complete horse feed that has no sugar or molasses added.

10% Maintenance
This is for your breeding stock! The best way to limit growth while keeping them in great shape!

Back
Top Bottom