Sebastapol Geese

WinterSkyMoonRanch

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
California
hmm.png
Where do I find show quality Sebastapol hatching eggs or goslings for sale? Or even full grown geese...I'm in Caly so shipping may be an issue!
hmm.png

Lives can be shipped over night anywhere in the country so shipping is not an issue.
You're welcome to come to our Sebastopol forum to find reputable breeders.
(link below)
Good luck!
smile.png

P.S.
Hatching eggs can be found on ebay and online poultry auctions
(during the breeding season Feb. - May)
but I wouldn't recommend them and they should be considered a risky
purchase since shipped hatching eggs often have very low fertility
due to improper handing before and during shipping
and since some sellers are quite frankly crooks who knows what you
will be getting regarding the breed or quality of their breeding stocks offspring.
In the long run you are better off to buy day old goslings or breeding stock.
If you just want pets Metzers Hatchery is a good source for day old Sebastopol goslings.

Quote:
You can't get guaranteed show quality hatching eggs or goslings. It cannot determined if a bird will be show quality as an egg or gosling.....

I do show my flock and will have lots of juvenile birds for sale this fall and have some colored goslings on auction right now, if you click the link in my signature. I would probably be one of the closest breeders for shipping to CA and it would be less expensive for postage to buy from someone that is closest to you.

You can also check the link that Cottage Rose provided.
smile.png

pips&peeps :

You can't get guaranteed show quality hatching eggs or goslings. It cannot determined if a bird will be show quality as an egg or gosling.

Excellent point Jean!
thumbsup.gif

Buyer beware...even show champion birds DO NOT produce all show quality offspring if any!
If you want to show or get show quality stock start going to the big poultry shows in your area and meet up
with breeders who have what you are looking for.
Take your time and do your homework.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom