1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sebastian and Questions Regarding Standards for Sebastopol Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Lamar Estate, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Not that I'd love Sebastian any more or less, but should he have orange around his eyes instead of faint yellow? Is his breast feathers curly enough? Some of his flight feathers are stiff. I'm sure his tuft doesn't make it any better.

Sebastian last summer, age 3 1/2 months old (before his long feathers grew).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My husband, in need of a major beard trimming and not looking amused, with Sebastian.
    [​IMG]

Sebastian, age 10 months old.
    [​IMG]

2. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Anyone able and willing to reply to my inquiry? I already know that he's a "pet quality" goose, so no need to worry about making my feelings hurt. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Amanda

3. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    The standard does call for orange beaks, legs and feet but since your gander has a tuft he is most likely carrying traits of another breed as well.
    Over all his feathering could be longer ideally but depends on when you took your photo. Sebastopols are typically in their prime feather wise after they regrow their feathers
    in the fall. He looks like a much beloved pet and he is just adorable so i wouldn't be concerned that hes not show quality. [​IMG]

4. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Omg! He is so cute!

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    He is gorgeous! i wish one of my geese would want to be a house goose. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by