sebastopol babies now what???

lorriejd

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Punta Gorda FL.
I have two 4 day old sebastopol babies that I hatched. Can some tell me what they can eat besides chick feed? Can they eat greens yet? How long untill they can go out on the grass with me following them? I live in Southwest Florida and it is alrealdy 90 out. My kids want to know when can they go into the bathtub with an inch or two of water? I weighed them today and they gained 1.4 ounces in 18 hours! Is that normal? I have so many questions!! Has someone else hatched them before to let me know what to do nexted. I read EVERYTHING on this site regarding hatching the eggs and now I cant find anything on how to take care of the babies.

As long as they are closely supervised, they can go out on the grass anytime. Think about things such as sprayed grass, cats, dogs etc. Although they enjoy splashing around in a bit of water, don't let them get wet. Probably better to just skip the inch of water till they are a bit older. I wouldn't feed them chick starter, it often is medicated but any kind of non medicated chicken mash will do. Grass is their natural food. And yes, they have an incredible growth rate. Did you post your questions under geese?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom