Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Would mine above be grey, splash or lavender?

They are all solid greys. Any time there are dark grey feathers on your geese they are greys because blue are a lot lighter and lavender are even lighter. I will show you blue lavender and a splash.

Here is a blue smooth breasted Look there are NO dark grey feathers and the color of blue is much much lighter

Here is a Lavender

Here is a dilute grey splash front

Oh RURU, wished you lived closer so I could buy in the spring! I really want a white gander that will be feathered by august... I hope next month that guy we biught our gander from, returns, so we can tell him all about our poor dead goose :/ . He never answered our calls or email!

Thanks Ruru.

If I added a white would the offspring lighten up?
Sandipuppy using a white will not lighten up your geese. What are you wanting? Grey, blue, lavender or splash? If you breed a White female with a Grey gander you will get dilute grey splash ganders, grey saddleback female not sure about grey saddleback ganders. And Solid grey females. To get Blue you need a lavender gander or goose and breed to grey to get blue. Lavender has to be bred with lavender to get lavender.

Blue geese had to be started from some mix of grey/white at first didn't they? I always figured it was white with grey that started the blues.
So Bernie and April will always produce greys like themselves? Aprils Mom was white.

It doesn't really matter what colour I have, I love them all...but would like a Blue or Lavender some day. Hubby wants a pair of white ones and I just figured that logically grey and white should equal blue :)

My 2 new colored geese. Buff goose and blue gander, both goslings. Buff is 6 weeks older than the blue. The gander might be gray, but I was told he was a blue. He actually looks to me to have half & half of both colors.

Last edited:
So just to give me a little confidence that I am doing the right thing ..
I have my sebies out in the clover and grass from morning to mid evening , they eat , I do have a bowel of chic feed and a pool of water for them.. is there anything else I am missing.. Do they need grit?

Back
Top Bottom