Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Poor thing! This is my first time with seebies and it really scared me because I have done everything everyone has told me to do and more! She was on her stomach with her legs and feet stretched back by the tail, like she just collapsed and died

Is this common in both male and female goslings? Because like I said before, mine died two days after at about this age.

Poultry queen- i know chickens and ducks no matter the gender can have spontaneous deaths due to heart attacks or what have you but I am not all too familiar with geese and these 2 are my first pair of seebies so I'm not sure about them!

Oh hahaha! We were told ours were sexed by the dilution gene??? The female had darker markings then the male. I know a lot of people do it but just wasn't sure if it was as accurate as vent sexing....

Oh hahaha! We were told ours were sexed by the dilution gene??? The female had darker markings then the male. I know a lot of people do it but just wasn't sure if it was as accurate as vent sexing....

Actually, ive heard that before, but yeah, it may not be accurate. But im not sure if its true. ...but not all sebbies are born grey and white, sometimes they are pure white (im talking about solid white sebbies.)

Mine were only grey and white for a couple of weeks. Clyde's grey was lighter and Bonnie had darker grey(that's how they knew male from female, as I was told) They both changed to solid yellow down and both(before Bonnie passed) were getting their feathers in. Their parents are white and I was told the goslings would be too(well just Clyde now
1f614.png
)

Back
Top Bottom