Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

We had bought a sexed baby sebastopol gander for $40 anc he died two days later. My duck had to grow up alone now! I live in ohio, we would really want a show quality curly breasted white female if anyone would be kind enough. We live in ohio... cant pay for shipping.

We think he died from having pneumonia and he therefore choked on his food. We were at an outside flea market and the guy we bought him from had them out all night in the cold for 2 nights, and in the sun for 3 days. He even began following me.
I am so sorry you lost your baby Sebastopol.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
[COLOR=CC6699]I am so sorry you lost your baby Sebastopol. [/COLOR] :hugs

Aww, thank you. My mom tried calling and emailing the guy, but he wouldnt respond! The guy paid 200 dollars for the parents....just to ship them!

Actually...if we knew we were getting a quality, young and sweet one, we might be able to pay for shipping. We know that finding a quality sebastopol in Ohio is unlikely.

Last edited:
Aww, thank you. My mom tried calling and emailing the guy, but he wouldnt respond! The guy paid 200 dollars for the parents....just to ship them!

Actually...if we knew we were getting a quality, young and sweet one, we might be able to pay for shipping. We know that finding a quality sebastopol in Ohio is unlikely.

Go to the "where am I where are you" thread and look up Ohio you may find someone in your state although it's getting late for goslings you never know till you try.

[COLOR=009966]Featheredfarms I am the breeder f Oliver the Sebastopol diapered gander. I am a proud grandma of hi. He goes ever where with Leesa. She has written 4 children books about Oliver and she take Oliver and does readings at schools, fairs, resorts, libraries, ect... Oliver seems to be welcome every where! He is a BIG HAM and poises for pictures. The minute the people get out their phone camera's or camera's he stops and posies for them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=009966]I had him for the first four weeks of his life and took lots of time with him. I put him in a container and told him to stay there and he listened. He was a wonderful gosling to have. Leesa was afraid that he would not bond with her. I told her do not worry he would bond great and he did....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=009966]Go take a look on youtube and see Oliver video's... You will love them.[/COLOR]

Oh he is adorable!!!! I love him!!

Ok so I lost my sweet Bonnie:(.... Clyde is still doing well. I don't know what happened she didn't exhibit any signs of illness at all! She had been loving, eating, and drinking. She came for lovins when we got back from the lake and we left the house for an hour to go get food and came home to her dead! They get fresh greens and all the nutrition they need daily and even have a rubber tub to get in. I just don't know what could have been wrong! She has always been half the size of Clyde and never really seemed to grow as much as he has?!!?!

I have a question for you. Was she at least a year old this year? Did she lay any eggs for you? If so how many? She could have had a egg bound in her. Or she had a heart attack. Usually when they die that fast it is a heart attack....
I am so sorry you lost her. I have had females drop dead during breeding season. Sometime the stress of laying and producing eggs is too much and the female dies because the development of eggs take calcium from out of the bones and if the calcium is not replaced the female dies from lack of calcium. That is why we give oyster shell to help form the eggs and then a form of calcium to them to help the replacement. I give my girls a mixture of peanuts, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and pistachio mixture shelled nuts.... They really like them too. Nuts have calcium in them.

No she was still a gosling:( she had just began to feather out! We had them shipped to us. When we got them they both seemed very weak but after a bath fresh water with electrolytes and food they perked right up and were just fine! We have only had them for about a month.

No she was still a gosling:( she had just began to feather out! We had them shipped to us. When we got them they both seemed very weak but after a bath fresh water with electrolytes and food they perked right up and were just fine! We have only had them for about a month.

So she was a gosling. There was something wrong inside her and she just passed away. I had a four week old gosling eating and doing great and came home one day and the gosling was dead on it's back in the container with the other gosling. So my gosling was inside when it just dropped dead. So this does happen. My gosling was eating like a little piggy and still something went wrong and it just dropped dead. Not sure if it fell on it's back and could not get back up and suffocated to death on it's back. Or had a heart attack and fell onto it's back.

Poor thing! This is my first time with seebies and it really scared me because I have done everything everyone has told me to do and more! She was on her stomach with her legs and feet stretched back by the tail, like she just collapsed and died

Back
Top Bottom