Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!! They are actually made of old socks. I cut a big circle in them to have room for the legs and wings to move freely, I left a thick line that rest from the chest and belly and connects to the end of the sock, then slip the top of the sock over the head. I use toilet paper and pads as a lining in the foot of the sock:) sometimes I'll do a big safety pen connecting the neck to the back so it doesn't slip. I have attached photo of a side view and a photo of the way it sits on the goose:) *please ignore the messy counter top!! It's a garage counter*

Last edited:
Thank you!! They are actually made of old socks. I cut a big circle in them to have room for the legs and wings to move freely, I left a thick line that rest from the chest and belly and connects to the end of the sock, then slip the top of the sock over the head. I use toilet paper and pads as a lining in the foot of the sock:) sometimes I'll do a big safety pen connecting the neck to the back so it doesn't slip. I have attached photo of a side view and a photo of the way it sits on the goose:) *please ignore the messy counter top!! It's a garage counter*

Really neat idea. what will they be in next? they grow so fast.

Thank you! This is a small sock and I'll just keep upping the size of the sock until they can fit into a bantam chicken diaper then all the way up to a jumbo diaper:)

Hey guys! I just got a trio of sebbies! I have Cotton Patch geese, they do not eat any purchased feed, just grass and crickets and whatever else they turn up in the yard. The person I got the sebbies from was feeding them crumble and they don't seem to forage a lot. Should they just be eating grass at this point? I believe they're about 5mo old.

They should have been getting grass clipping from the time they were hatched. Or romaine lettuce cut up and then trips outside grass. They will pick up the idea of eating grass. They are old enough to be outside 24/7... Penned at night to protect from predators and free range during the day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom