Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

aaa most of what I write here is based on my own hatching experience, but also from following Pete's hatching guide, it is the best thing for those new goose hatching to follow for a chance at a successful hatch.

If you put duck eggs in with goose eggs do you run it dry? I dint have to mix them just wondering.

Be careful. What is "dry" for one person might be a completely different thing for another. It depends on where you live. In winter, the RH in my house is about 40%. In a drier area like So Cal, it would be much lower.

Quote: Mixed group in the picture but given it was 5/28 they are 4-6 weeks likely a couple older ones in there by a week as well.

Quote: this is true my dry is 30% year round in the bators with no water added ever. Our hatcher runs at 70% and higher depending on what is in it will determine how much water we add. I can also get away with opening the bators and hatchers where others cant because of being thick solid wood cabinets that recover rapidly compaired to the new plastics and styrofoam models.

Well, i will weigh them weekly, Petes guide is a great resource, i read it alot lol. That's how i got Willow last year, sure its nice to have support here though,

I FINALLY have our first sebbie egg!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!
wee.gif
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom