Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

What type of incubator did you get Jean? Hope it works great for you at hatching your babies out.
It's an older 1202 GQF. My new GQF incubator and hatcher are currently filled all the way up!

I still have to clean the hatcher I got with it. Thankfully I won't be needing it for a couple weeks.

I have never used that type of incubator. I have an R-com digital incubator. Have 10 eggs in it right now again. I hatched 4 goslings out of 5 eggs last week. I also have another incubator trying to see how well it works. It is like a reptile incubator. Have 9 eggs in it and are in lockdown right now.
I really like the digital incubators.

As I said good luck in getting it tweeked out right and happy hatching to you.

babies here are sold in pairs or straight run and nothing else because no-one wants to be left with a bunch of ganders. Shewould be better off waiting till fall and buying juveniles at that time when the sorting is done by most breeders and the extras are put up for sale. Also if you dont know how to vent sex I surely would let a stranger come over to do it before they buy. What if she isnt good at it either and injures a gosling?

Amy cute babies, congratson the newest hatch.

I agree with Celtic. I sell my babies in pairs, or straight run ONLY. I also wouldn't split up the group in order to avoid a lone gosling scenario. Been there, done that, don't want one unless I can't avoid it! IF I had an extra female, which is a rare to almost nonexistent occasion, you can expect to pay a lot more for it. If she ends up with some males out of the bunch, then she can always resell them too.

This is such a stressful hatch! Lilian just turned one so this is her first hatch. So candeled all the eggs (6) last night and most had internally piped. All had movement. When I got home from work at 1:00 PM two of her eggs were 1/2 hatched but squished! She must have stepped on them and t first I thought they were dead. I picked them up and both were barely alive. So I ran in the house and stuck them in the Sportsman. I don't know if they will make it. So then I took 2 other eggs that had internally piped (not cracked outside) and stuck them in the incubator with the 2 goslings trying to recover. I left Lillian with 2 eggs. My plan is to give the goslings back after they hatch and dry off. Maybe by then her other 2 she is on will hatch.

This is such a stressful hatch! Lilian just turned one so this is her first hatch. So candeled all the eggs (6) last night and most had internally piped. All had movement. When I got home from work at 1:00 PM two of her eggs were 1/2 hatched but squished! She must have stepped on them and t first I thought they were dead. I picked them up and both were barely alive. So I ran in the house and stuck them in the Sportsman. I don't know if they will make it. So then I took 2 other eggs that had internally piped (not cracked outside) and stuck them in the incubator with the 2 goslings trying to recover. I left Lillian with 2 eggs. My plan is to give the goslings back after they hatch and dry off. Maybe by then her other 2 she is on will hatch.
You did the right thing! Exactly what I would have done too. I hope they all make it! Hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom