Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Another question for you breeders. I have several people who want a trio. I don't really mind, but don't want to get stuck with extra ganders. I am only using my best guess on the sexes, as I am not proficient at that yet. Do you charge more for the 3rd girl, or just include a 3rd as st run?

Also, I have a group that is 1 week old and some newborns. A customer is asking for the younger ones, I think to save on shipping, but then I will have these older ones, should I tell her she has to take the older ones?

Thanks again for any advice!

Last edited:
those are all personal choices that need to be made by you and what works best for your farm and breeding practices and future plans.

Me, no trios, pairs (at an up charge) or straight run. Buyers get what we send them not pick and chose from one hatch date or another.

those are all personal choices that need to be made by you and what works best for your farm and breeding practices and future plans.

Me, no trios, pairs (at an up charge) or straight run. Buyers get what we send them not pick and chose from one hatch date or another.
Thanks for that! I guess I need to hear what other people do and then make my decision of which things I want to do. So fariti looks like I am getting 50/50 genders, so I guess I need as sell pairs or st run.

ok so my older goose finally started to lay, i know her and her mate been haveing "fun" for the last week. should i keep the first few eggs in the nest or pull them?
I would take them so they don't get frozen.

"The Broody" is quite contagious this year. 3 girls down, only 2 to go. One of them chases me every time she sees me with eggs, so it won't be long for her either. I am so low on eggs I have to give them Toulouse eggs now. :/

thumbsup.gif
Completely agree!

My sebs are 1 year old and their curly breasted but still dont have a curly breast but still have some curly feathers can someone explain this?
I didn't really get this at first either. But when they say a smooth seb, they only mean the breast is smooth, the wings and back still have curly feathers. A curly breasted is curly all over. Here are some pics for example.

This is a curly breasted goose.

And this is a smooth breasted goose.

Back
Top Bottom