Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! It is externally pipped now. I picked up an egg out of my hatcher to check on it's progress because I had taken it from a broody goose and wasn't sure of the exact hatch date, and it started peeping at me!!
celebrate.gif

They are worth waiting for, right??
OMG they are sooo worth waitng for, I love these little boogers so much.The two cotton patch just hatched waitng on the last two sebbies for this batch
love.gif

OMG they are sooo worth waitng for, I love these little boogers so much.The two cotton patch just hatched waitng on the last two sebbies for this batch
love.gif
Gotta a question-how close in breeding are Americans and Sebs? Someone I know is breeding a sb American to a white seb. Would this be good breeding stock to add to my seb flock, or not?

American geese dont come in SB, they come Buff, Blue and Lavender and sometimes cream (a pale buff).

Crossing the two is just going to produce more smooth birds. There have been plenty of crossing for color done where it was bred back to multiple generations of sebastopols to be back to standard or very near standard that I would avoid a first generation cross.

How do you cross colored sebs? Can you cross a white seb with any other odor to produce colored goslings? I'm just a newbie on Sebastopol geese.

Could be she has a totally smooth saddleback and does not know it is a totally smooth sebbie. The colors are already in the sebastopols so all you have to do is purchase colored sebbies from one of the breeders.
There is no reason to outcross for color in sebastopols because it is already there.

Ok, i know that eggs hatch between 28-31 days, when due you guys eggs normally start to shadow, the call duck eggs that i got hatching the "same" day already starting to shadow when i quickly candle them this morning but the goose eggs still the same as always.

Can sebastopol geese fly?

Everything I've read says no, but I just want to double check.

I'm hopefully picking up a pair later today, and as temporary housing, I'd like to put them in a dog kennel that is about 15 ft by 30 ft and 6 ft high. We have dogs running around outside, so if the geese get out, there will be a big problem. Has anyone seen a sebastopol fly over 6 ft?

Can sebastopol geese fly?

Everything I've read says no, but I just want to double check.

I'm hopefully picking up a pair later today, and as temporary housing, I'd like to put them in a dog kennel that is about 15 ft by 30 ft and 6 ft high. We have dogs running around outside, so if the geese get out, there will be a big problem. Has anyone seen a sebastopol fly over 6 ft?
if they are sebbies there is no way they can get over 2 feet high on their best day jumping off of something LOL
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom