Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

And yes, any greens your can provide are great! I buy stuff at our local country store in the clearance section. I buy celery, lettuce, kale, cabbage etc, cut out any bad spots and let them have fun.

Oh, that is kinda different. My property is all fenced, even if I let my geese out in my backyard, it is fenced. I am not sure how far they would go, especially since they are new. Can you make a temp fence for them until they are used to your place? I use 3 ft chicken wire zip tied to those push in horse hot wire posts. Then you roll it up and save it for next time. Do you not have trouble with predators or dogs or anything coming after your animals?
Our dogs would kill them, which is why we lock up the dogs before letting the birds out. We only let the chickens and ducks out every other day, and we usually don't let them out until the afternoon. I've done this for 6 years and I haven't lost any of them to predators.

I will probably temporarily fence in an area and see how they do. My plan is to build them a nice house with run for them this summer so that they can go out and graze when ever they want.

I wanted to show you what I got today. As I know any of you would of brought them home also !!!I just about cryed when I saw them. Bloody,feet, wings and tails. They were so dirty and matted I didn't know what color they were. 2 of them I didn't know if they would live till I got them home, one was shaking so bad and couldn't even lift her head up. , gave them electrolye, and probiotics as soon as they were unloaded.. Changed out the water in 2 pools numerous times. I didn't think they were ever going to get out of the water!! These pictures were taken after they were here about 4 hours. They do HAVE SOME FLUFF !!!! I just don't know how someone could do this to them. He said they were in a little pen, and started feather picking. But to let them get into such bad shape is beyond me. !!!

I wanted to show you what I got today. As I know any of you would of brought them home also !!!I just about cryed when I saw them. Bloody,feet, wings and tails. They were so dirty and matted I didn't know what color they were. 2 of them I didn't know if they would live till I got them home, one was shaking so bad and couldn't even lift her head up. , gave them electrolye, and probiotics as soon as they were unloaded.. Changed out the water in 2 pools numerous times. I didn't think they were ever going to get out of the water!! These pictures were taken after they were here about 4 hours. They do HAVE SOME FLUFF !!!! I just don't know how someone could do this to them. He said they were in a little pen, and started feather picking. But to let them get into such bad shape is beyond me. !!!

Bless you for saving them!

~ Aspen

I know 3 are white , I think 2 are buffs, he said one was called a lavender ice, I know the pictures aren't very good, I take lousy pictures !! LOL !! But can you guys tell me what color they are and if you can tell the sex on any of them.

Back
Top Bottom