Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pete, i carefully pulled back the top part of the shell and pulled out the head so the little one can be comfy and soak up the rest of the yoke, this is what i found.
sadly explains why the poor thing was taking a while. :(
I had a chick hatch like that before. He hatched by himself, but we knew there was no way he would make it. I had to have to the hubby dispatch him
sad.png

only had one sibling make it out before, the parents sec breeding season, last year the incubator had one try to hatch upside down didn't notice till to late and had to eggs under mom during summer one mad it but the sec egg got crush by mom. but got five more eggs from my choc. calls to go and two what looks like my snow hen eggs next week Tuesday hatching. so hopefully better luck. but my gosling that hatching going to be little lonely for a few days :(

hey guy! so my goose egg finally hatch but has a little belly button problum, stick out about an quarter to half inc :( , he'll be by himself for a few days so if i keep it clean will he make it???? had duckling hatch out like this and i think good chunk of them made it.

Last edited:
hey guy! so my goose egg finally hatch but has a little belly button problum, stick out about an quarter to half inc :( , he'll be by himself for a few days so if i keep it clean will he make it???? had duckling hatch out like this and i think good chunk of them made it.
This usually means they are early in my experience. What I did when I helped one out like this was kept his bum in the bottom half of his egg shell and then wrapped him pretty tightly in a wet washcloth like swaddling a baby. Mine was really new so it didn't want to move around yet. I put him back in the hatcher and by morning he was stronger and was out of the cloth and his belly was sucked all up. Is yours really active? If he is up and about, you might want to spray blu kote on it or something to keep it clean. Good luck!

I have a trio of sebs that are done laying. Got the last egg 4 days ago. The last goose that was laying is now setting (on nothing!). Should I take the kennels in their coop away, so she stop? I would prefer to get the flock "back to normal" asap. I want to put all my geese together again for summer/fall.

Back
Top Bottom