Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Cottagerose for fantastic white sebastopols

oregonblues or MrsMagoo for Pomeranians

CountryHatch for Buff Americans

(all names are BYC user names)

Daze............... just listened to weekend voice mail...........then saw your post...........it can take 10-14 days for a complete recovery. Be sure to not skip a day and continue to offer even when the goslings looks like he is fine again. Some will just require more than even a sibling so catching it and staying on top of adding it to feed/water is needed.

I don't take many pics of the adults this time of year, but I couldn't resist. Even though its blurry....

Daze............... just listened to weekend voice mail...........then saw your post...........it can take 10-14 days for a complete recovery. Be sure to not skip a day and continue to offer even when the goslings looks like he is fine again. Some will just require more than even a sibling so catching it and staying on top of adding it to feed/water is needed.
Thank you Shellie! That makes me feel a little better. Do you know the the correct dosage for niacin tablets?

I don't take many pics of the adults this time of year, but I couldn't resist. Even though its blurry....

Beautiful birds!!
love.gif
and everything looks so lush in the background!!

Any recommendations for a source for quality (would like to show) Sebastopols?

Also looking for Pomeranians and Buff Americans. Holderreads has discontinued the breeds I am interested in having.
If you want show quality birds consider getting from someone who actually shows their birds.

You might try the IWBA to see if they have a breeders list.

Is it normal for sebastopol geese to droop their wings? Goosey is 2 months old and everytime she puts her wings up, they fall down.

See how they just hang? She moves them back up on her back, but they fall right back down again.

Last edited:
Is it normal for sebastopol geese to droop their wings? Goosey is 2 months old and everytime she puts her wings up, they fall down.

See how they just hang? She moves them back up on her back, but they fall right back down again.

I am not super experienced, but I have seen this many times at about Goosey's age. The new feathers fill with blood and become heavy. They are hard for her to hold up. After the feathers come in, she should get stronger muscles and be able to hold them up all the time. Anyone else's opinion?

You'd have to be hopelessly devoted to love that! ha ha...No don't get me wrong. I love them. I just couldn't help PM you when I saw the Hopelessly de... at the bottom! Right now i'm wishing I had me some!

I am not super experienced, but I have seen this many times at about Goosey's age. The new feathers fill with blood and become heavy. They are hard for her to hold up. After the feathers come in, she should get stronger muscles and be able to hold them up all the time. Anyone else's opinion?

I agree. Mine did that a little last year. It was only a day for two and then they could hold up their wings.

Quote:
That makes sense, thanks for your response!

I also wanted to explain the picture. She was giving me the stink eye because she was jealous. I was petting Aflac (a duck) instead of her. A minute after this picture was taken, she jumped into my lap and pushed Aflac aside. Then she looked up at me with an innocent epression and snuggled in my neck.

I love these geese! They have so much personality.

Back
Top Bottom