Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

That makes sense, thanks for your response!

I also wanted to explain the picture. She was giving me the stink eye because she was jealous. I was petting Aflac (a duck) instead of her. A minute after this picture was taken, she jumped into my lap and pushed Aflac aside. Then she looked up at me with an innocent epression and snuggled in my neck.

I love these geese! They have so much personality.
They are like kids aren't they? My dogs get really jealous when I spend time with the geese or chicks. ha ha

Mine both did the wing drop and lift thing for a while, I have heard the more exercise outside they have at this stage the better. Those blood feathers are werrrry heeaavvy. goosey and anas sebbeis all so cute

Thank everyone!

Goosey is now able to support her wings.
smile.png

Well the 3 girls laid 41 eggs total. They have taken a 3 week sabbatical and are starting to lay again. Does anyone else's girls do this?

One of my goslings is having trouble. She took awhile to hatch and was all swollen and took a week before she looked like the other three that hatched with her. Now they are starting to get feathers and getting huge. Last week I noticed it sounded liked she had water in her lungs and now has a hunch back???? I give them brewers yeast and started nutri drench last week in their water. Her legs work good and still eating and drinking. They are outside on grass whenever the weather is nice enough. Has anyone had this happen? I will put a pic up later if I can get a good one showing her back.

Well the 3 girls laid 41 eggs total. They have taken a 3 week sabbatical and are starting to lay again. Does anyone else's girls do this?
Lilli laid about 16 eggs then stopped. Now 2 weeks later she's setting on nothing.
tongue.png
I did get super 2 cute friendly babies from her though.

One of my goslings is having trouble. She took awhile to hatch and was all swollen and took a week before she looked like the other three that hatched with her. Now they are starting to get feathers and getting huge. Last week I noticed it sounded liked she had water in her lungs and now has a hunch back???? I give them brewers yeast and started nutri drench last week in their water. Her legs work good and still eating and drinking. They are outside on grass whenever the weather is nice enough. Has anyone had this happen? I will put a pic up later if I can get a good one showing her back.
Have not had anything like that happen. Maybe start her on some antibiotics just in case. Any chance she got bit by something?

Have not had anything like that happen. Maybe start her on some antibiotics just in case. Any chance she got bit by something?  
Thanks. No, unless it was the older sebbie gosling. I've kept them separated after he bit them. There was no blood or marks. I will pick up some antibiotics and see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom