Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Well the 3 girls laid 41 eggs total. They have taken a 3 week sabbatical and are starting to lay again. Does anyone else's girls do this?

Sebastopol Sebbatical! Say that 3 times fast!
lau.gif

Sebastopol Sebbatical! Say that 3 times fast!
lau.gif
Well she wasn't really serious about it. She laid 4 and set down...literally is settng....outside the house that is nice and dry.... The little heifer chose the left over hay pile that is out in the open. I guess she has been talking to the postman- in rain, sleet, snow, etc, etc. Goofy goose.

I am a brand new sebbie owner and my kids and i are so happy. A few days ago we hatched 9 mystery goslings. I bought the eggs at a local poultry auction I have two sebbie eggs which are due in about a week and a half and one i put in about a week ago that i purchased off of ebay. There were four but it is the only one growing so far. Today my kids and I bought a full grown female who is so much sweeter than we could have ever imagined. Her mate was recently killed by a coyote and i think it caused a lot of stress for her too. Her feathers are dirty and not very pretty right now, but her personality is so beautiful. She rode in the car very calmly sitting on my kids laps. They are teenagers and one who is 20 arguing over who got to hold her next. When we got her home she was nervous of course, but when she saw the goslings she instantly calmed down and turned into their mama and followed them everywhere. Since the goslings are mostly attached to my son and i it confused her a little when they would follow us instead of her. My fiancee and i went to the store and when we came home my son was napping in the yard and the goslings were huddled around his neck sleeping. Our new sebbie was cuddled up next to him. His sisters took that as a golden opportunity to take pictures. At one point the new mama was grooming his head. Are they all that sweet? My son is 20 and suffers with ADHD and depression and these geese have made him so happy. They are like therapy geese. I just bought 2 more eggs from Daze i believe and my son is even more excited. I never would have thought they could help someone like that!

I am a brand new sebbie owner and my kids and i are so happy. A few days ago we hatched 9 mystery goslings. I bought the eggs at a local poultry auction I have two sebbie eggs which are due in about a week and a half and one i put in about a week ago that i purchased off of ebay. There were four but it is the only one growing so far. Today my kids and I bought a full grown female who is so much sweeter than we could have ever imagined. Her mate was recently killed by a coyote and i think it caused a lot of stress for her too. Her feathers are dirty and not very pretty right now, but her personality is so beautiful. She rode in the car very calmly sitting on my kids laps. They are teenagers and one who is 20 arguing over who got to hold her next. When we got her home she was nervous of course, but when she saw the goslings she instantly calmed down and turned into their mama and followed them everywhere. Since the goslings are mostly attached to my son and i it confused her a little when they would follow us instead of her. My fiancee and i went to the store and when we came home my son was napping in the yard and the goslings were huddled around his neck sleeping. Our new sebbie was cuddled up next to him. His sisters took that as a golden opportunity to take pictures. At one point the new mama was grooming his head. Are they all that sweet? My son is 20 and suffers with ADHD and depression and these geese have made him so happy. They are like therapy geese. I just bought 2 more eggs from Daze i believe and my son is even more excited. I never would have thought they could help someone like that!
Sounds like you will have a good sized flock soon! That is great! I bought my first as 10 month olds and they were not friendly. Now they are, but not to the point that they will let me hold them.

Congrats Morning Star! Sounds like you have the perfect set-up for that poor lonely goose! Sebbies naturally have great and friendly personalities, but they also learn from each other. So that mama is learning to trust you and your family because the goslings trust you. It is a wonderful thing! I am getting your eggs ready to ship out this morning. So happy for you that they are a positive addition to your family! BTW-your goose will molt soon and get new feathers.

Back
Top Bottom