Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Hello all! Spring is right around the corner. Is anybody getting goose eggs yet? None for me so far, but I've been noticing breeding behavior, lots of grumpy ganders, and the the girlies looking for nesting spots.

Speaking of which, I need to get mine paired off. How's everyone doing? What are you plans for this year's breeding season?

Blessings -

~ Aspen

yesterrday afternoon ... heading out now to see what's up....

0.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
I loved the videos! The gosling is adorable. Hopefully you'll have a couple more soon.

It was amazing to see your gander get along with your silkies so well.

I have to keep my gander separate from the chickens because he attacks them. He's a sweet heart to me, but he hates the chickens.

they look good, now how will all the video. I greet

I loved the videos! The gosling is adorable. Hopefully you'll have a couple more soon.

It was amazing to see your gander get along with your silkies so well.

I have to keep my gander separate from the chickens because he attacks them. He's a sweet heart to me, but he hates the chickens.

thankses! my one gander (the dad of these and the older my 2 boys) really doesn't bother with the silkies that much ... the younger one gets the redazz for particular silkie roos (especially when the roos overharass the hens) and picks an occasional hen .... he tends to pull the feathers from their backs and tails making them look rattier than they do on their own
somad.gif

... they sleep in separate but adjacent pens at night...keeps things a LOT easier
wink.png

i had to intervene with the 2 remaining eggs... the babies aren't quite ready to come out, but i think they're too big to turn inside the eggs...a couple of videos of this morning showuing where i'm at

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

thankses! my one gander (the dad of these and the older my 2 boys) really doesn't bother with the silkies that much ... the younger one gets the redazz for particular silkie roos (especially when the roos overharass the hens) and picks an occasional hen .... he tends to pull the feathers from their backs and tails making them look rattier than they do on their own
somad.gif

... they sleep in separate but adjacent pens at night...keeps things a LOT easier
wink.png

i had to intervene with the 2 remaining eggs... the babies aren't quite ready to come out, but i think they're too big to turn inside the eggs...a couple of videos of this morning showuing where i'm at
Don´t be impatient, be careful...she´s doing great, what an attentive mom she is. How long has the second one been pipped? They can rest a long time after that stage.
smile.png
And once you open the eggs beyond a certain sized hole, the goslings cannot turn, so just keep an eye...but patience is so important.
pop.gif

over the hatching hump ... just checked them, 1 got out fine on his own with the bigger hole, on the other, i had to make the hole a little bigger and he pushed right out
big_smile.png
... now comes raisng them in the cold
fl.gif
.. hopefully, it'll be happy follow-ups

0.jpg

0.jpg

and thank yous fot the advice and encouragement, john

somad.gif

wink.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

0.jpg

Congrats on your 3 new goslings and hope momma keeps them good and warn!!! Such cuties......

Back
Top Bottom