Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

My gander is also trying to mate my ducks... Both boys and girls...
barnie.gif
lau.gif

This has got to be the worst yr for birds not feeling well.... I just got a message from a very sweet lady....

Irene one of my 3 sebastopol geese is acting sluggish and actually act blind. The other 2 act normal. This morning when I went in to feed he just sat there the other 2 running around and honking away. I walked over and he didn't move or say a word until I touched and picked him up. I put him in the feed room . Earlier I went to check on him, he was just sitting there and didn't make a sound until I picked him up.when I put him down he walked into the wall . I waved my hand in his face ,he didn't see it . I put his beak in the water and he drank a lot, and he is eating. Do you know what is wrong and what I should do?

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong and what to try??

That's terrible. I don't know what to even suggest. Can you check his eyes for reaction with a flashlight? I'll ask a friend who's like the bird scientist. Maybe she'll have an idea.

This has got to be the worst yr for birds not feeling well.... I just got a message from a very sweet lady....

Irene one of my 3 sebastopol geese is acting sluggish and actually act blind. The other 2 act normal. This morning when I went in to feed he just sat there the other 2 running around and honking away. I walked over and he didn't move or say a word until I touched and picked him up. I put him in the feed room . Earlier I went to check on him, he was just sitting there and didn't make a sound until I picked him up.when I put him down he walked into the wall . I waved my hand in his face ,he didn't see it . I put his beak in the water and he drank a lot, and he is eating. Do you know what is wrong and what I should do?

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong and what to try??

Are they in an area where there are lots of mosquitos? They can get west nile.

Back
Top Bottom