Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

You are going to get some mixed up answers about Angel Wing and Twisted Wing Tips, what they are or aren't and if they are preventable or fixable. Feed your geese lots of greens from the time they are born and not so much the high proteins and corn fats-- sunflowers and eggs are plenty of protein when they need it [like winter and breeding season]. Try not to breed curly to curly so much and you might see what you are hoping to see in your flock in the next generation. BUT be prepared that lots of answers are about to hit and send you in a lot of directions. KISS IMO. Geese are herbivores and the curling gene bred to itself too many times is going to cause issues. If you work with those tenants I think you'll be happy. And maybe try reading about how the EU has less of these issues than the US and draw your own conclusions. Either way, enjoy your beautiful new flock!

Thanks for your reply ashandivine. I've already done quite a bit of reading about angel wing, so I've seen the different theories, I'm yet to come to my own conclusion!

I'd be really interested to see some photos showing twisted wing tip vs true angel wing, as I'm not really sure with my guys. It's hard to tell with all those curls!

See, here is where the disagreements begin.

Is anyone getting eggs? Into their bators? I hear there are a few older geese starting up here but not mine yet.

mine white seb has a clutch of 6 eggs and this time im going to let her hatch them cause I suck

Dear Vicki, I tried to be in that Seb forum but I had the darndest time getting in it so often I gave up. I bothered you about a few times and you'd help but I got to feeling like a real PIA. The info you are suggesting sharing would be nice, in a pm even is fine. I will try to create a new profile for the Seb forum and see if it won't work better for me in the long run.

You aren't being a PIA...its just the sucky free forum host with glitches. Some people for whatever reason seem to have chronic problems with signing in and there's eally nothing I can do about it. Only tips would be to try another browser. Fire Fox seems toworks better than Internet Explorer with a lot games and message boards. Also try dumping your temporary internet files. Once signed in just stay signed in.

Thank you Cottage. I did try that and Foxfire is where I sit anyway. So far it is working but of course now I hardly have time to sit like this. The geese are enjoying their fresh food and grains. I found out that they like boiled eggs by accident. I threw some extra hay in the pens today after hearing that another Maine Seb keeper has seen a few eggs. I hope it will inspire them. Of course... they will start laying and I will regret it because then I will stress and worry over every darn egg. :)

Thank you Cottage. I did try that and Foxfire is where I sit anyway. So far it is working but of course now I hardly have time to sit like this. The geese are enjoying their fresh food and grains. I found out that they like boiled eggs by accident. I threw some extra hay in the pens today after hearing that another Maine Seb keeper has seen a few eggs. I hope it will inspire them. Of course... they will start laying and I will regret it because then I will stress and worry over every darn egg. :)

No problem...just wish there was more I could do for people having issues.
Its not very user friendly for the site admin to try to fix things.
They only have a support forum but I'm not able to sign into it! Oh the irony!
AND no customer support email contact. UGH.

So anyway...happy 2013 breeding season to all.
We're still in the grips of winter with no end at sight for a couple more months.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom