Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I never had those dreams as a kid, in reference to school. But I've had them as an adult. Not necessarily going to work either, but just going shopping, going to events, whatever. If you ever figure out what that's about, let me know!

Hi all!
I currently have four male ducks and I am very interested in getting a pair of sebbies. Do you think they all will get along? I have heard from some people that they will and others that they wont. I would like to get the input from people who actually own sebbies. Do they get along with your ducks?

Well you're better off than me...I would often dream I'm naked going to school.
lau.gif

(whats that all about???
idunno.gif
)
LOL! I don't know what that is about, but that there is funny!
gig.gif
Laughing with you, not at you!
lol.png

Hi all!
I currently have four male ducks and I am very interested in getting a pair of sebbies. Do you think they all will get along? I have heard from some people that they will and others that they wont. I would like to get the input from people who actually own sebbies. Do they get along with your ducks?
Mine get along with ducks in the off season just fine. I own runners and scovies and they free range together. During breeding season is another story, because the males are super protective and some may even try to breed or run off the ducks. It kinda depends on the breed of ducks and how much area you have etc. One trio of my sebs does still run with scovies during breeding season, but my scovies know to get out of their way. I have never had any injuries or problems with this. There are the 3 geese and about 20 scovies in about 1/4 acre, so they have plenty of room to get away from each other. There are coops and houses there and there to split it up too.

I have about 3 acres but i usually keep them in a predator proof pen when I am not home, but during breeding season I could definitly let them free range all day. I just worry about predators.

I'm back home and my geese are doing great.

So to answer my original question, yes, they can survive - 30 degree weather just fine.

I walked into the barn and my goose ran towards me as fast as she could. She then snuggled up in my lap and began telling me about the awful week she's had. She missed me and I missed her. My gander also walked over and snuggled up next to me. I love my geese and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
love.gif
Glad they survived while you where gone. Your lucky to have nice geese. When I go out to water and feed mine I have to carry a stick or shovel just to fend them off. It's not easy to hold a stick while holding back the gander with one hand and break ice and clean out the mud then refill with fresh water with the other hand. I didn't raise these from babies. I just got them a couple months ago and the girl started laying eggs last week. The gander is a sebbie and the girl is a pilgrim. Everyday there is an egg in the nest he is more aggressive than when there isn't. I always take the eggs since he hasn't gotten the hang of breeding yet anyway.

Hi all!
All of my geese get along with the ducks.Three of my Sebbies run around with my 2 dozen big ducks, and 18 Call ducks, and a various assortment of chickens and guineas. Then my other 20+ geese free range with my 6 Buff Orpington ducks, they also sleep with them. There was only one instance were I had a duck killed by the geese, and that was at nighttime and the poor thing couldn't get away from them, as they had him cornered. Most of the time they all live together peaceably, but every now and again they have a squabble.

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom