Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Darn:( Will they get aggressive enough to hurt the ducks or will they just get pushy? I have heard both but what do other people think?

Depends on the gander. Some of mine really dislike the ducks, others get along fine with them. I suggest putting them all together one day when you can watch them all and see how it goes.

~ Aspen

Mine live with a pair of runner ducks... pretty sure they see the ducks as "special" goslings

All of my geese have always shared pens with ducks. No problems.

Even during breeding season? Do they share a house at night as well?
8 of my geese share a stall with my 6 Buff Orpington ducks. Even during breeding season. But, I would never put my American Buffs in a stall with the ducks, they are the ones who decided it would be fun to pluck one of my ducks to death. : /

~ Aspen

8 of my geese share a stall with my 6 Buff Orpington ducks. Even during breeding season. But, I would never put my American Buffs in a stall with the ducks, they are the ones who decided it would be fun to pluck one of my ducks to death. : /

~ Aspen

I heard Sebastopols were calm geese so they probably would not pluck the ducks like the american buffs right?

I wanna show off my sebastopols! Here's Rex and Rosie. They are my 1 1/2 year old breeding pair that I lucked into then almost sold, but now I'm glad I didnt!

All of my geese have always shared pens with ducks. No problems.

Even during breeding season? Do they share a house at night as well?

I had toulousse with pekins, Africans with scovies & runners & now American buffs with Anconas. No problems. Same pen during day, same lockdown box at night. The geese take 1 side of the box, ducks take the other. They have enough nests that they don't have to share but I often find eggs from both in the same nest.

Back
Top Bottom