Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

No eggs, but my saddle back goose built a nest & is sitting in it....should I expect an egg soon? My first time with geese, obviously.

OH YEY Sue! That's fantastic. I am a little jealous but I just filled the incubator with Marans, Orloffs and mutts so... with all this cold I am fine to wait.

OH YEY Sue! That's fantastic. I am a little jealous but I just filled the incubator with Marans, Orloffs and mutts so... with all this cold I am fine to wait.
I didn't think I got many chicken eggs last week, but when I took them all out of the cartons & put in the incubator, I had 60 for one tray, and about 3 dozen left over to eat...so I guess they are laying pretty well. Now if the geese just get the same idea, I'll be very happy.

I had a lot of the Birchen Marans eggs for incubating, so have my fingers crossed. Had 2 hatch this week.

Even with all the super cold weather with the ice, snow and rain my geese started laying in late January. The eggs were all frozen by the time you get out there. They were cracked as well so into the woods they went.
I am going to have to go out again a 2nd time and clean out the nest because the weather in MO has been colder than normal. I was not ready to hatch goslings out yet due to the constant freezing weather. Need some grass for goslings when hatched!!!!

Goose and Fig we have no grass what-so-ever due to this weather this winter. Here are pictures of my front mud yard..
Okay, I have to ask: does that ornamental scrolled fence keep the geese out? It wouldn't here. At least your birds can get out and bathe. Mine look like they are rolling in dirt. I need a bath for them that doesn't freeze in minutes. The greens for babies is easier: spinach and what not minced small with rolled oats ground down.

Back
Top Bottom