Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

My APA SOP is a 2001 edition (need to update to newer version). I see many are breeding colored/patterned Sebastopols. Have colors other than white been added to the SOP?

Eggs, finally! Hopefully I'll get some color, goose is saddle back, but I don't know if she was bred by the white or the split for color gander. I only separated them a few days ago. I guess I'll find out in a month or so....
wee.gif

Question...since I just found 3 buried eggs, 2 are very dirty, should I wash them off each day, or right before I put them in the incubator?
Water alone?

Last edited:

Eggs, finally! Hopefully I'll get some color, goose is saddle back, but I don't know if she was bred by the white or the split for color gander. I only separated them a few days ago. I guess I'll find out in a month or so....
wee.gif

Question...since I just found 3 buried eggs, 2 are very dirty, should I wash them off each day, or right before I put them in the incubator?
Water alone?
Those are not that dirty, but if you want to, you can wash with warm water. If needed, I scrub with a dish scrubby.

I hatch all of my eggs with dirt and all. If something is CAKED onto it, I just use a dry fingernail brush to get it off. No water.

Last edited:
You can use a little sandpaper to scrape off excessive mud too. I don't wash mine, but it does make it harder to see inside in the beginning if they are still kind of dirty.

Barb- my yard would be the same way, but we're putting straw down constantly. Can't believe how much we're going through!

Nice pool looks like the one I have for my flock.

The Dollar General near me has their larger pools like that out in front of the store already. Then again, this is Georgia. We were almost at 80 degrees yesterday...

But DG is charging $21 for them. I'll either wait until they get the small ones for $7, or buy one from Wal-mart!

Back
Top Bottom