Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Marsiquella thank you for the answer.

I understand the lavendar gene in chickens. I would like to know if geese lavendar genes work the same way. I am not so sure it does, but if anyone working on the lavendar geese could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Boy these babies grow so fast! Have to share one more pic :D (can you tell I'm proud grandma lol) Momma and daddy taking baby to the pool for the first time. My Lucy was very tempted but stayed close to her baby...what a great mamma! After daddy was done with his bath he jumped out running across the yard honking and baby and momma followed suit lol. Watching that adorable little baby run across the yard with it's teeny tiny wings spread out will just melt your heart :love
[COLOR=0000FF]What an adorable picture.[/COLOR] :love
You got a chick already?

I need some help from the color experts....I have 2 lavendar seb girls (and one blue/white) in with my white male. Will all my kids from the lavs be white, but carry lav? I might remember reading that in geese, males won't carry lav without showing it, but is lav in geese the same as in chickens? Do I have to have both parents lav in order to get lav babies? I want a lav male but it might be too late for this seasons hatching.

I have the opposite groupings- lav boys over white girls. The offspring were sex-linked- splash boys and blue and grey girls that carry lav. There is some good info on the seb lovers forum in the color genetics section. So much to learn, I wish I could retain more of it!

* this year in one pen I have a lav boy over one of those blue girls that is supposed to carry lav, so we will have to see how many we actually get.

What do you think about the sexes on these 3 white goslings?

Boy these babies grow so fast! Have to share one more pic :D (can you tell I'm proud grandma lol) Momma and daddy taking baby to the pool for the first time. My Lucy was very tempted but stayed close to her baby...what a great mamma! After daddy was done with his bath he jumped out running across the yard honking and baby and momma followed suit lol. Watching that adorable little baby run across the yard with it's teeny tiny wings spread out will just melt your heart :love
AWWW!! I'm totally jealous! Cuz You have no snow! I still have over 2ft All over my yard! And, I want some Now! It's so cute!! ;)

What do you think about the sexes on these 3 white goslings?

ADORABLE!!!
love.gif

AWWW!! I'm totally jealous!
Cuz
You have no snow! I still have over 2ft All over my yard!
And, I want some Now! It's so cute!!
wink.png

The grass is definitely not greener on the other side lol

Mama is pretty good about keeping the baby warm and brings him back to the coop often so I don't stress about it to much
hide.gif

As far as I know you have to have lavender to reproduce lavender. It is a recessive gene you have to carry it or show it on both side in order to get lavender. Buff is the same way.

Back
Top Bottom