Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

On the feet. Looks like they have burns from being in their own mess at night. Plus geese do get cut and can cause bumble feet. But these feet look like they had a hard time on something that burned them ammonia wise.
How old are these geese? Those look like older feet to me.

[COLOR=B22222]There feet can get callouses on them as they get older also. They can be mistaken for sores sometimes.[/COLOR]

I don't believe that is the case here, why I say that is because the black spots are easily coming off as I bath them when they are softened up.. The girl like I said earlier was limping, since the bathing treatment she has not limped and her feet are actually clearing up. It's been two weeks for her and one week for him. I only bath them once a week to avoid stressing them out and to help/check there progress. On Sunday will be our next bathing treatment and I'll send some more pics so that you guys can see yourself how they are improving....

Actually I'm not really sure if my boy is a boy! He shows no interest in any of the girls and he's very very quiet. He does like to be held and doesn't fight me and he loves having his head scratched and massaged. Is there a way to find out for sure if he is a he?? I tried to sex vent him and nothing came out but it was quite difficult in do so... is there another way to tell if he is really a he? The person I got him from say it is a he but I'm wondering if she's mistaken since she had quite a few..

Been a long time since I've been here, kinda forgot about the forum. Starting a new job, so life will be different. Here are a few pics of my kids.
[/IMG]

By the way, RURU referenced Eastwinds Sebastopols. That's me....just didn't have a farm name yet.
I'm located in Michigan and have pretty much taken over for my mother, we've been breeding for about 5 years now.

I don't believe that is the case here, why I say that is because the black spots are easily coming off as I bath them when they are softened up.. The girl like I said earlier was limping, since the bathing treatment she has not limped and her feet are actually clearing up. It's been two weeks for her and one week for him. I only bath them once a week to avoid stressing them out and to help/check there progress. On Sunday will be our next bathing treatment and I'll send some more pics so that you guys can see yourself how they are improving....

Actually I'm not really sure if my boy is a boy! He shows no interest in any of the girls and he's very very quiet. He does like to be held and doesn't fight me and he loves having his head scratched and massaged. Is there a way to find out for sure if he is a he?? I tried to sex vent him and nothing came out but it was quite difficult in do so... is there another way to tell if he is really a he? The person I got him from say it is a he but I'm wondering if she's mistaken since she had quite a few..
Hi Lacrystol,

I am no expert, but have you tried "voice sexing" your boy? Although, I think you said he's pretty quiet, so that might be difficult. :) My pair have very different voices. She "whispers" and makes deeper grunting noises when she's munching grass. He tends to make higher pitched noises, kind of like grown-up peeping. When he gets excited he trumpets and even makes sounds that remind of a horse neighing. Who knew geese said so much more than just "honk"! Anyway, just a thought. Glad you are enjoying your Sebbies. :)

Hi Lacrystol,

I am no expert, but have you tried "voice sexing" your boy? Although, I think you said he's pretty quiet, so that might be difficult. :) My pair have very different voices. She "whispers" and makes deeper grunting noises when she's munching grass. He tends to make higher pitched noises, kind of like grown-up peeping. When he gets excited he trumpets and even makes sounds that remind of a horse neighing. Who knew geese said so much more than just "honk"! Anyway, just a thought. Glad you are enjoying your Sebbies. :)
Still no noise but maybe this will give a clue? Since this is my first time with Geese, I saw my Sebie girl nibbling and kind of twisting her neck around his? Not in a harmful way, I'm wondering is this how they Flirt with each other??? he shows no interest but she was like all over him.. LOL and SHE is now in Broody mood, had her first egg two days ago and is in with the other Two girls they have all made a THREE nice HUGE nest. all of my girls went broody but none of the eggs are fertiled...

Back
Top Bottom