Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
pips&peeps :

Quote:

My personal opinion is that the quality is low, but to each their own.​

Those are my birds that were bought from holdereads as show quality and how can you say a bird is low quality if you have not even seen it in person... My birds are top quality and I paid handsomely for that... But I guess everyone has opinions, especially others that maybe trying to sell their own....

Oh, okay. As of Wednesday when I emailed you, the price was $85 on the add, but $95 on your site. It was just changed because it is still showing up as "Sebastopol Goslings $85 For a Pair or $40-$50 Each. WE Ship!" when you google it. If you click on the link, it now says $95, which it did not on Wednesday. Glad you were able to update it..
smile.png

frow.gif

Quote:

That's my ad and I had to up the price to $95 a pair because of feed prices going up... Thanks Kristina Jordan

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions as Pips said. The more I did research, the more I started seeing some differences in the websites, and the birds I was seeing. To each their own really. I don’t think I have seen one on any site that wasn’t Beautiful!

When I looked at your site, I did not see anything in reference to where you got your birds. The site was a bit confusing for me. I do see that you have updated it.. and that is amazing. Holderreads is spelled with two R’s I do believe….I am the queen of typo’s… and just thought that I would let you know. My fingers get ahead of my thinking sometimes, and I’m all the time doing that.. . lol

You are correct; it is hard to really tell from a picture without actually seeing and meeting in person. This was one of my complaints that I posted early on here about ordering over the internet. Pictures can be deceiving. Not all of us are professional photographers or web designers. I for one broke the lens on my professional Nikon, so now.. I’m taking pictures with my cell phone. LOL..

I respect the fact that you did come here, and you did update everything. I wish you would have stated on your website when I first saw it, that you did buy your birds from Holderreads and that you did purchase the Show stock. Maybe Holderreads was on there, a few days ago, and I just overlooked that part?? I know they have several different options. I think that may have helped me in choosing. Do you show your birds?

Price doesn’t matter to me as much as making sure that the people that I do purchase from are doing it for the right reasons. I want to buy my birds from someone that is honest, cares about the breed, and is doing everything possible to promote and protect them. If I keep that standard, I feel that I will have a better chance of getting a healthy bird that has been well cared for. If you continue to read, I do state that I have a fear of shipping. My fear is this: If I do buy a pair, what happens if they arrive dead?.. I like the fact that you do state on your site that you will replace eggs. I see many around that will not do that. That is wonderful.

I apologize if by posting your link here, it has caused anything. I meant no disrespect. I do have to say, that I did email, and was greeted with an email back with your phone number asking for me to call you. I have every intention when I can talk and my throat isn’t so sore..
smile.png
I also wanted to research more. I really love these guys, and I want to jump in with both feet.. not just one, but want to be smart about it.

Pips&peeps never offered to sell me anything. I do not recall that anyhow.. So personally I do not feel they were saying neg about your birds so that I would buy from them..

Also, .. Maybe my hubby and I can help you with your website.. Not that it isn’t beautiful, but maybe we could help you convey better, your compassion for what you are doing. Just throwing that out there.

Edited to correct one of my typo's.. !.. golly ... lol...
clap.gif

Can you have any other pictures of your guys?.. I would love to see them,
smile.png

frow.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
My personal opinion is that the quality is low, but to each their own.

Those are my birds that were bought from holdereads as show quality and how can you say a bird is low quality if you have not even seen it in person... My birds are top quality and I paid handsomely for that... But I guess everyone has opinions, especially others that maybe trying to sell their own....

Last edited:
Quote:
Exactly.

A lot of people *gasped* at the idea I spent $12/egg, but I did a personal pick-up, met the breeder, met mommy and daddy goose.... and after seeing how wonderful they all were, I feel like I didn't pay ENOUGH!

just updating pics of my young ones and Marty!!!

here's marty
38176_geese_044.jpg

Kids going to bed in the laundry room

38176_geese_048.jpg

38176_geese_049.jpg

38176_geese_047.jpg

WOW they grow up fast! How old are those babies?

Here are some pics of Balbinka and Brizney from today (I have a whole thread on it for more)

216127_169166063138382_100001349671501_364415_6148297_n.jpg

224579_169166056471716_100001349671501_364414_3535536_n.jpg

The backwards baby didn't make it...I didn't think it would but I was hoping
sad.png
Baby #2 has finally hatched with a little help and has gained control of her neck
lol.png
I'll take those out of the bator in the morning then pics to come! They both look like girls....hope I've got some boys in the other eggs cause these are the only 2 sebbies I have!
lol.png

Quote:
I am sorry about your breech baby.
Unfortunately, it happens and we can only do our best when they do.

Can't wait to hear about the other eggs when they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom