Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Oh boy, those temp spikes are fun, huh?

The incubator with my Sebbies spiked to 110 degrees for about a half an hour before I checked and noticed. I still had a pretty nice hatch, though!
They're tough little buggers!

Glad you've been following Balbinka's growth- you've saved yourself and lengthy, boring introduction from me
lol.png

Lol! I hatched out three adorable dewlap goslings this year too. Wish I could have bought more eggs so Id have more babies, but at least I have something to look forward to for next year! This is my first time raising geese and boy oh boy what a joy its been! They are just so affectionate. Mine sqeeze each other out trying to get literally IN my lap! They aren't content laying beside me, they want IN my lap! Lol, Ive been pooped on more than once because of that fact!
th.gif
One thing I can't get over is how fast they grow! I knew my dewlaps would get big, but my goodness they're only 6wks old and already HUGE and the Sebbies aren't far behind! I just love them all to bits!
love.gif

Hello,

I am new to BYC so please excuse me for asking questions that may be obvious.

I just bought 2 pair of the Sebastapol Geese (they came from Holderreader Farms a year ago as Goslings and I called the farm to confirm this), one is white and the other is a pair of the Gray Saddlback, BUT my hubby is not going to let me keep them, he is scared of them but they are really sweet. He is afraid of bees too so it is more in his head than anywhere.
sad.png

Does anyone know how I can post an ad or put them up for auction on here?

I also got 2 goslings (they are the grey Saddleback's chicks) they look like a pair but I am not sure...

I was told Holderreader's have sold off all of their's so I sure wish I could keep them but maybe I can get some eggs next year from whoever buys them.

I am in Oregon, just outside of Porltand if anyone on here is interested...

Anne

Just some updated pictures for your viewing enjoyment
big_smile.png

Tiki & Sparrow, I woke them form a nap in the barn...

72330_inthebarn.jpg

The new babies... still un-named

72330_perfect.jpg

The whole gang !
love.gif

72330_the_gaggle.jpg

Quote:
Yes... Thank you for asking. I tried the toys and that didn't really work, so I used seperate brooders. That worked, I just set them next to each other and they were fine. They did not even cry for each other. Now they are outside ALL day and love it. They spent their 2nd night outside last night. In an XL dog crate right by my back door.
smile.png
They don't mind, I was the sad one.
lol.png
They are the smartest babies I have ever had. Yup.. I'm a proud mama.
love.gif

I did get 4 more, lost on e on the 2nd night.
hit.gif
She just didn't have the will to live it was very sad. The other 3 are doing great and get to spend a few hours outside with the bigger ones, It is so cute how they take care of the babies.

Quote:
Hi Anne,

i sure wish i lived nearby. i have been wanting Sebastopol Geese for a while now. You should be able to sell them in the "Buy, Sell" section. There is a sticky at the top of that area with the rules. i've never posted myself, but it doesn't look too hard. So sorry you have to rehome them, but good luck in finding them a great new home.

Colleen

Hi Colleen,

Thank you for the info about the posting..that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I didn't see it the first time I looked but just looked again and realized I didn't scroll down far enough! I do think I can figure it out from there!

I did have one person PM me about shipping them, but I would need to feel that the birds were safe to do that..I know holderread's ship adults so if they will help me do it safe I will consider that...

Anne

Back
Top Bottom