Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I have to say I never expected buffs from my greys and greys from my buff!!!

How fun.

I had to leave for work, but last egg in incubator mostly out (by assistance) and resting looks to be solid grey from Leo egg!! Don't know which goose though. He had 2 girls, Lola (grey saddleback) and a cute yearling that still looks like a buff splash. Time will tell after a moult.

Kim, file for a shipping refund. They have to refund the full shipping amount because they were late. Don't let the, tell you differently either. The express slip will have a date and time filled in on it. If they did not arrive by that date and that time they owe you the shipping back.

Being less than happy about a late arrival is understandable. On the other hand there are those of us can remember when the ability to move birds around the way we are doing now was threatened, partly because of a very literal interpretation of that so called guaranteed arrival. People were technically entitled but to me it sort of misses the point that stock and genetics can be easily, safely moved around the country way quicker than even the old air freight which was fraught with it's own problems. I have spent years sending birds all over the place and sometimes the time frames are not met or even real close. The birds have still always gotten there safe and sound with both the new owner and myself grateful for that as well as a system that allows us to ship so easily. The refund may be due but we could also land ourselves back in the old days of having to try and use a system far less reliable, if there is one available, than the imperfect system we have now. Yes, it''s imperfect, but what have we sent out and/or received that wouldn't have been possible without the USPS?

I am so interested in all the breeding talk. That is so cool that grays x whites make sex-linked goslings! Hopefully I will be doing some of that breeding next year with my Celtic babies! YAY!
Can someone show me a pic of a buff?

Dave you have a good point, I was mentioning to Kim the refund exactly the same way my local PO explained it to me on a recent shipment. Our local office is wonderful with all of the shipping we do.

Daze, they are not always sex linked. There is a ton more behind the color combinations genetically. Well worth joining the Sebastopol lovers forum and reading Pete's write ups and asking questions there.

As far as buffs go, there is a buff saddleback pictured just a couple of posts back. You can also look at Buff American geese for a prime example of buff goose coloring (Holderreads and Metzers both have good images)

Dave you have a good point, I was mentioning to Kim the refund exactly the same way my local PO explained it to me on a recent shipment. Our local office is wonderful with all of the shipping we do.
Daze, they are not always sex linked. There is a ton more behind the color combinations genetically. Well worth joining the Sebastopol lovers forum and reading Pete's write ups and asking questions there.
As far as buffs go, there is a buff saddleback pictured just a couple of posts back. You can also look at Buff American geese for a prime example of buff goose coloring (Holderreads and Metzers both have good images)

Thank you, I will check the forum out.

I have to agree with you Dave.
When I first got into peafowl, I had a bird shipped that was late.
I spoke with the breeder about a refund. He's been shipping birds forever too and his comment was....
If we complain to the PO every time something is not right about shipping birds... and they are loosing money with refunds on shipped birds.... they could potentially stop shipping birds... and then what would we do?? ..... So as long as the bird arived alive and its doing OK... its best to just be thankful that they allow us to ship birds, and say nothing.

Kat

Re. late arrival. They've been telling me for some time now...no quarantees for lives (via Express Mail) on arrival date and no insurance coverage for DOA unless the box was crushed or obviously damaged. Healthy day olds can usually handle arrival on 2nd day but things get iffy on day 3. That's the chance you take when shipping lives.
Adults can go 2 - 3 days no issues if they are healthy to start out with. In my experience it is common for 2nd day delivery with Express Mail and it has never been a problem.

Vicky and Jean, that's very interesting since it was our local office who initiated the refund asking us to come in with the receipt to sign a refund form. They always call or ask the next time we are in how the previous boxes did shipping out. We must just be lucky with our local office and their attention to the birds coming and going.

It's just like when Peaches and McGraw came here, the box was sent 2 counties south of us here in FL. Someone from our office drove and got them and then we got them that evening. I always give them a heads up on incoming birds, and they call when our express driver picks them up from the air port and is heading out so we can time picking them up as soon as he gets out here.

Again thinking we are just very luckily with the service we are given from our local office.

Back
Top Bottom