Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Hey where did the horses come from? :lol: just noticed your avatar picture.

We have two more peaches eggs in lockdown with a number more yet to hatch in May. Currently have 20 babies held to grow out before any additional hatch. So I know I will have color available. Some are held because we have no clue on final color, the darn buff, lilac, Lav thing and their down looking alike.

Amy we have a number of greys, a few are from McGray the buff carrier too. If you need/want others let me know. That's the Jean girl? Oh you are in for a treat! We have three of hers as well. We are getting splash, grey, white and possiblly a recent saddleback (light colored) out of them. Our Sassy has the blue dot, and other single colored feathers. She is producing the most amazing babies. Will be pairing her to a colored gander next year.
Poultry, I thought you had a flock of Lavs? You may find one as a juvenile this fall for sale. Will need to keep your eyes peeled though.
Saddly no I only have the one lavender goose (I wish I had a whole flock of lavenders), she is the one that someone dumped at the lake downtown along with a gray gander, My lavender has been my best egg producer this year, she is still laying eggs too!, I got an egg form her yesterday, she lays me one every other day and has not skipped a laying day yet. Yes I will keep my eyes peeled for a lavender, and if you see one avaible please let me know, thanks

Amy -- LOVE your horses in the avatar. You told me the guy left them for you but didn't tell me what beauties they are!!

I can't believe you haven't asked me for a picture of your GORGEOUS babies. I feel like I should keep them, but I have a few to grow out already so I'll share
wink.png

I'll head to lunch about 1:30 and put your babies in the mail. No need for them to sit all day at the post office. I think you'll be very pleased.

Talk to you soon!
Kim

Amy -- LOVE your horses in the avatar. You told me the guy left them for you but didn't tell me what beauties they are!!

I can't believe you haven't asked me for a picture of your GORGEOUS babies. I feel like I should keep them, but I have a few to grow out already so I'll share
wink.png

I'll head to lunch about 1:30 and put your babies in the mail. No need for them to sit all day at the post office. I think you'll be very pleased.

Talk to you soon!
Kim
Ahhhh I can't wait!!!!! Don't show me- I want to be surprised!

I just changed my avatar this morning. Finally got the girls home over the weekend. Can't believe they're actually here! :D
Shellie put me down for 3 in one of your later hatches. Woo hoo!

Last edited:
GAH! No time for a picture. Had to come back to work!! I think you will be very happy. And I put a big sticker for the Chattanooga P.O. to call you. Depending on the time, you can make the decision to drive further to pick them up. They are almost 24 hours old, and they packed a nice lunch!!

Cheers!
Kim

Amy, you know you don't even have to ask. The horses are beautiful, you must share more pictures.

We hatched a Grey smooth with wonderful color coming in. Will get a picture here in a bit as (I believe it's a she) came from your eggs Amy.

Amy, you know you don't even have to ask. The horses are beautiful, you must share more pictures.

We hatched a Grey smooth with wonderful color coming in. Will get a picture here in a bit as (I believe it's a she) came from your eggs Amy.
Ahhh- probably from an Alice egg then.

Seen as how we already have a "Bumble" in the flock, the little one born today is named "Ardy", after our beloved storyteller and illustrator that passed this morning.

Sorry dont meen to change topic but I was wondering what is a fair price to charge for mixed color sebbie goslings? I have two blues 4 whites and a lavender what would be a good price to charge for the goslings?

I know! I was shocked- I was just hoping for some toulouse to hatch in the house so I could give her a baby or two.
She must not have started setting until AFTER we got home from the hospital because we left on Arpil 1st and she didn't have this baby yesterday.

I am not sure aboout mom's background- she's from Jean. All white with a tiny blue dot. The lav... I dunno- he's from Dorothy (Thomas?) in TN and she had lots of colors.
I would love a grey! Just happy to have something hatch for Ollie AND I have some babies coming from Kim this week. That's the last of my seb eggs though, so no more surprises. Only 7 babies total, so I will be keeping them all probably.
No i'm sad to say i didn't get the one from her to hatch, I have 2 toulouse crosses, 1 toulouse and I had 1 of claires babies. I REALLY wanted the Ollie egg to hatch SOOOOOO bad. I've been sick but so i haven't been able to get up there but i would like to get a buff or colored baby from Peachick. I was all set to go up there last week since she's so close to me and then I got sick :( Hopefully she still has something. I was going to email her tonight. Keep me in mind next year when you have some more sebbie eggs, hopefully I'll have some nice eggs from this years hatch! Just had 4 more hatch but they are all white, one is from my goose so maybe a saddle back. Anyway they whites parents are supposed to be from Holderreads elite/show birds so they should be really nicely feathered!!! I can't wait for them all to feather out and see what they look like!

Back
Top Bottom