Sebastopol Goslings

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
How hard is it to raise goslings..? I wanted to get a few this year and am getting so close to having enough to get 4 of them. But I really dont want to get them then have them die, I recently got a few out of an assortment, I had fresh water, fresh food, and a 100 watt bulb in a nice large enough area for them to go as they pleased to the heat and still lost 2 of them. Whats the best place to order them from? or does anyone know where I might could get some reasonably priced eggs?

Typically they are fairly easy, depending on species (if not an exotic etc..) You may need a hotter bulb for a large space than the 100 watt. Feed a low protein feed, lots and lots of fresh shredded Romane lettuce and fresh water...... I don't know why you lost 2 before??????????

I'm so sorry that you lost 2 Sebbies. They're my favorite of the goose breeds! I know of someone last year that lost 4 of her Sebbie goslings leaving her only one. She has no idea why 4 died and one survived either.

I just set some eggs and I'm hoping for a good hatch. I'm not selling eggs right now because I have customer orders to fill but I may once I fill orders. I do know that there are eggs on ebay and there were some on eggbid as well. There are also breeders on here that will sell goslings.

I don't know if Cottage Rose has any available for the Spring..I think she's taking fall orders but Dorothy from www.asebastopolsselect.com, I believe is selling goslings.

I'm sure there are others on here that are selling goslings as well.

Good luck!

Laurie

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, they werent sebbies that died, their from an assortment, my first geese and lost 2, I wanted to get sebbies this year but dont want to put everything ive saved into them and lose them as well

Quote:
Thanks, they werent sebbies that died, their from an assortment, my first geese and lost 2, I wanted to get sebbies this year but dont want to put everything ive saved into them and lose them as well

May I ask how old they were when they died? and were they fed medicated feed?~gd

Quote:
They were probly close to a week old, I thought they might have gotten cold to but they were laying right next to the light, and no food isnt medicated, and I use one of those smaller water bottle waterer's w/e you call em. Box is about 3 1/2 X 3 1/2 (just guessing at it) I have the heat lamp on one end and the food and water on the other. I use paper for the bottom with some shredded for foothold.

Perhaps they ate some of the paper? Just a thought...........
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom