Sebastopol hatching

Kelbel42

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2023
I have 4 shipped sebastopol eggs. 1 came unfertized and 3 were progressing well. I started lockdown with temp 99.5 to 100 and humidity 75 to 80. Humidity peaked to 90 on day 30 and 1 hatched! I took the baby out after 24 hours quickly making sure the humdity didnt drop much. The other 2 have no pips yet. It is currently day 32.

I am wondering if I should continue to wait till day 35 or 37 then check for signs of life. Or just quit now? I feel bad because I wanted my goose to have a friend. Now I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the help
Here is the one baby goose tax!

Attachments

• 20230604_190714.jpg
    20230604_190714.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 26
Hello!

Some babies just take longer to hatch than others do, so I think you should give the other eggs some more time before you throw them out. Have you candled them recently? Did they show signs of life and development at or shortly before lockdown?

I’ve never hatched geese before, so I’m not sure how much different they are from chickens or ducks, but best of luck and I hope they all hatch! :fl

Yes they did move on the last day of candling before lockdown. I will give till 35 and maybe candle then to see if still some life? Thank you for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom