Sebastopols: To sell or not to sell?

amsunshine

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
Kansas
Two years ago I bought this pair of young adult smooth-breasted Sebastopol geese. They were sold to me as young male and female, but I'm beginning wonder if they're two males. I've vent sexed them and think I did see male apparatus on both, but am not quite sure. Though they hang around together all the time, they haven't laid any eggs that I can find, nor does either of them sit on a nest. They are easily the hissiest geese we have, though they have never challenged us physically. I got this pair with the hopes they'd bond with our curly breasted Sebastopols to help avoid angel wing in babies, but the bonding hasn't happened.

We have two curly breasted female Sebastopols that have each successfully produced babies, but they bonded to our white Chinese male before we got the two hissies. We have another curly breasted young adult male Sebastopol. And one pair of Toulouse that have successfully hatched babies.

I have an opportunity to sell one or both of them at an auction tomorrow. Since they haven't produced eggs or babies, one or both have to go. Given this situation, do you think I should sell one or both?

Thanks. On your recommendation, I did not sell these two. I'll give them a bit longer to prove themselves. Thanks again.

I wouldn't it can take up to 2 years for them to start being sexually active + they usually hide eggs very well
This.

My very first goose was a very late bloomer. I actually began to think she was a Gander for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom