Sebright chick 2 weeks old update but now the poo has black.

Aki no niwatori

Songster
9 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Georgia, Upson
Hallo I was having issues with a chick and some pasty butt. The pasty butt seems to be clearing up but there is still a little prolapse but the chick is more willing to eat and drink now. And now an issue has appeared the stool is rather runny and the main concern I have for that it is comprised of white, brown, and black. the black was on top. This has me concerned. So far the chick has had access to probiotics in the water. Slurried chick feed, small amounts of coconut oil, and watermelon I happened to be snacking on. The chick doesn't eat much of the watermelon and today is the first day I have come home and checked and there was no pasty butt issue. Is the black just left over for that or should I be more concerned? I failed to take a picture but it almost looked raisinish.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-pastybut-issues.1568727/page-2#post-26637108

She is back with the others for the moment. I got a brooder plate. I am continuing to monitor of course but so far the other chicks took her back easily. But she still has issues sitting down it seems.

For the past few days her poop has been fine. A little watery at times but I was feeding soupy feed to make sure she had her water.

Sorry, no one had responded to this one so I did an update to the first post.

Back
Top Bottom