sebright thread

The thing is that people that have ( what's left ) of the Sebrights need to work together to save the breed and raise good quality birds and not junk without worrying about Holding each other up for profit . I told a breeder in California my intentions that I wasn't looking for pets and he still charged me $ 125.00 for 1 pair. Their really nice but ?????
I'm willing to trade eggs or better yet chicks with anyone out here that want to improve the breed once I can my hands on a few more !!!!

The thing is that people that have ( what's left ) of the Sebrights need to work together to save the breed and raise good quality birds and not junk without worrying about Holding each other up for profit . I told a breeder in California my intentions that I wasn't looking for pets and he still charged me $ 125.00 for 1 pair. Their really nice but ?????
I'm willing to trade eggs or better yet chicks with anyone out here that want to improve the breed once I can my hands on a few more !!!!
yeah i want to make money but i also care about my birds. my birds are pets. but i'll only want the best because i do want to breed. my Ivy probably won't be bred. she has a scar on her head but even before that there is a tuft of feathers on the back of her head that won't grow right. she's a good brooder though and one of my sweetest hens. she's also currently my only sebright. this is her.

i didn't leave the necklace on her but i couldn't resist taking a picture. it also happens to be my best pic. you can clearly see the tuft.

anybody who lives in the tricities area in tennesee who raises golds? i'm looking for some for this spring. i'd take any age, but would prefer chicks or older no eggs. i do need a roo if no chicks and at least one more hen.

Will I'm pretty excited. The pair of Silvers I got at the show in Madera 2 week ago laided 2 eggs. The first ones has a little "red" on it. Ouch but the second one was perfect . Hoping for more !!!

Will I'm pretty excited. The pair of Silvers I got at the show in Madera 2 week ago laided 2 eggs. The first ones has a little "red" on it. Ouch but the second one was perfect . Hoping for more !!!
Congrats!
ya.gif
I'm sure you're excited & proud. Are you planning to breed them or are they pets?

My sebright was a great little layer last year. Almost an egg a day..... and then she went broody. She hatched & raised 3 giant Orpingtons until they were 7.5 weeks old. So funny to watch her care for them when they were 3x her size. She laid some more eggs, went broody a second time in fall, then stopped for the winter. I hope she lays again soon. Those cute little eggs are very popular with my kids. (We just have the one hen.)

I read in a few places that Sebrigts are not a very broody breed, but we found ours to be a fantastic mom. While broody, she would adopt any chick at any age & she cared for them much longer than needed.

They are a pretty little breed, but it's their BIG attitudes & strong personality that made me keep our Sebright. (appropriately named Trouble.)

What a great little hen you have there. Why no Rioster ? I'm trying to breed them to help populate them but I am trying to get good one to do so ... I hope I have your luck down the line raising there own. Do you know anyone else that has them ???

Congrats!
ya.gif
I'm sure you're excited & proud. Are you planning to breed them or are they pets?

My sebright was a great little layer last year. Almost an egg a day..... and then she went broody. She hatched & raised 3 giant Orpingtons until they were 7.5 weeks old. So funny to watch her care for them when they were 3x her size. She laid some more eggs, went broody a second time in fall, then stopped for the winter. I hope she lays again soon. Those cute little eggs are very popular with my kids. (We just have the one hen.)

I read in a few places that Sebrigts are not a very broody breed, but we found ours to be a fantastic mom. While broody, she would adopt any chick at any age & she cared for them much longer than needed.

They are a pretty little breed, but it's their BIG attitudes & strong personality that made me keep our Sebright. (appropriately named Trouble.)
both my sebrights were the same. before my Iris died she raised a batch of ten that were hers. the father was a japanese bantam. this is her with the babies. yes she is their biological mother!

only five survived, but it wasn't Iris's fault. here are the surviving babies just before i sold them.

this is the father.

and Ivy. my other sebright.

she sat on two eggs from my RIR roo and a black sexlink and a red sexlink. one hatched kindv'e crippled and didn't last long but Ivy was a super awsome mother to the other. unfornately "Trixie" was attacked by rats in the night. Ivy was devastated. but she is starting to come out of it as spring gets closer. hope to have her set some cochin eggs soon!

both my sebrights were the same. before my Iris died she raised a batch of ten that were hers. the father was a japanese bantam. this is her with the babies. yes she is their biological mother! only five survived, but it wasn't Iris's fault. here are the surviving babies just before i sold them. this is the father. and Ivy. my other sebright. she sat on two eggs from my RIR roo and a black sexlink and a red sexlink. one hatched kindv'e crippled and didn't last long but Ivy was a super awsome mother to the other. unfornately "Trixie" was attacked by rats in the night. Ivy was devastated. but she is starting to come out of it as spring gets closer. hope to have her set some cochin eggs soon!
Don't mean to be mean or any thing but the roo you said was the father and the one in the pic that says the father he is not a Jappanese.

Back
Top Bottom