sebright thread

One of my twins. They are almost mirror images of each other. It is 5 weeks and 3 days old. Can someone please tell me if it is a pullet or rooster? I have to sell all roosters and I really don't want to sell these!
I don't see a comb but there is a tiny bump/spike on the top. Not sure what it is as none of my other breeds have it.
It still looks like a pullet to me. Keep an eye on the comb, but for now there are no signs of her being a male.

Yes, it's like a songbird, in fact, I thought of naming mine Whistler...it's 3 wks old, the only Sebright I have. It's with a mille fleur d'uccle and 4 leghorns, all same age, and they all make all kinds of chattering, but the Sebright has a lovely clear whistle. Here's the Sebright w the other bantam and one of the leghorns... At what age were you able to differentiate sexes in your Sebrights?
That is super neat to have one sing isn't it!? I have a batch of silver Sebrights that are a little over 4 weeks old now. I have some with pink showing through on their combs and some with no combs at all. My original Sebright hen( my sweetie that sang), had almost no comb and it was a deep almost purple coloring. I'm guessing my babies now that are showing any pink in their combs are males. I'm glad I got quite a few cause I have quite a few males...
1f610.png
But...it also gives me several boys to pick from, a little cockerel I plan to keep!

I'm guessing my babies now that are showing any pink in their combs are males. I'm glad I got quite a few cause I have quite a few males...
1f610.png

But...it also gives me several boys to pick from, a little cockerel I plan to keep!
If you could post photos, it would be good to see them....Mine has no pink in the comb and it's 4 weeks today.

Last edited:
Hi! I have 5 sebrights they are all about 5 weeks now. Does any red in the comb mean they are cockerels or do the pullets combs start to go red around this age as well? How about size? 2 are quite a bit larger than three of them could that mean I have 2 cockerels and 3 pullets?
That is my ideal situation. I would like to sell a pair and keep 2 hens and a rooster!

Back
Top Bottom