sebright thread

Just ny experience- at six weeks old, mine still have zero comb or even pink development. I'd say any that early is a very strong indicator. I think I saw on this thread something about the 10 week mark before hens start any development.

It will be interesting to see if they have the rose combs ??? I was hoping that some if the ones I order would be able to go to some 4H kids, but with straight combs that won't happen. Lucky I have a pair is Silvers and a Trio of Citrons . Looks like I'll be sharing some of their chicks ! Not what I had planned

Hi! I have 5 sebrights they are all about 5 weeks now. Does any red in the comb mean they are cockerels or do the pullets combs start to go red around this age as well? How about size? 2 are quite a bit larger than three of them could that mean I have 2 cockerels and 3 pullets?
That is my ideal situation. I would like to sell a pair and keep 2 hens and a rooster!

Hi Mrsdm, I have one Sebright 5 weeks old. No red at all, not much comb at all. Do you have pics?

Any Sebright people around? Here's my only Sebright at 6 weeks. I actually was hoping for a cockerel, any possibility left?
P1180101.jpg
There is a little comb and wattles now. And is this one ever feisty...challenges everyone no matter what size, and doesn't back down.
BTW I couldn't find this thread with 'search' but it was there under my 'watched threads.'

Any Sebright people around? Here's my only Sebright at 6 weeks. I actually was hoping for a cockerel, any possibility left? View attachment 548455There is a little comb and wattles now. And is this one ever feisty...challenges everyone no matter what size, and doesn't back down.
BTW I couldn't find this thread with 'search' but it was there under my 'watched threads.'
It looks like a pullet to me. There's really no comb development yet. My Sebright (Trouble) has that same attitude. She lays eggs & even went broody, so a confirmed female, but she's very feisty & talkative.

Oh how I like that photo!!! The Sebright is the one in charge & she has her 2 big enforcers for muscle.

They have grumpy little faces too. Were you being stingy with the mealworms? Were they trying to make you an offer you can't refuse? :lau

My Sebright, Moonshine, is now 23 weeks old. She began laying 3 weeks ago, and has given us 16 tiny eggs! She's my only Sebright, I wish I had more just like her!!!
I just went out to check on her, she's on the nest....this will be 7 eggs in 7 days!!
Ps Does anyone in SW MO vicinity have a Sebright cockerel or young rooster they want to part with?
egg 1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom