sebright thread

So glad to see a Sebright thread. I owned hatchery Sebrights for a few years, and liked them so much, I decided to get better quality birds. So I got a couple pair from a reputable breeder. They're cool little birds. I'm finding, though, that these better quality Sebrights are harder to raise than my old hatchery birds. I hatched quite a few this Spring, but don't have many left. They really are fragile little chicks, I think due to their size. They're really tiny at hatch, and I've realized I need to keep them separate from all of my other bantam breeds as babies.
Here is a pic of one of my roos. I'll post more later.
101_3315.jpg

Wow - breath taking golden sebright roo!
ep.gif

I had a silver roo and he was the meanest chicken I've ever had in my life! He chased me all the way from the barn to the back door before and the start flogging the door!
th.gif

I did have alot of hens but something killed them all.
roll.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Standard Sebrights? That's a new one!
Good luck w/ your sebrights NC29mom! Just handle them abunch and I bet they won't be mean.
big_smile.png

I thought sebrights only came in the little size, not standard?

I just couldn't resist the sebrights because of their beauty. I also ordered some japanese BTW bantams, we already have 2 4month old roosters that need some girlees. Hopefully, I will be able to get some hens out of the deal. I figure by next year I will be able to put them with the roosters (hopefully). I like the japanese bantam size. I guess that's another reason I fell in love with the sebrights. I was also looking at the old english game (silver laced). They have a lot in common (appearance wise) to the sebrights, I guess mainly the roosters are the differences.

I have heard a lot of bad things about sebrights, I just hope mine will turn out great. I wouldn't mind showing them eventually, if I got some really good ones. I will post pictures of the little love buckets when they arrive!! <48hr and counting!!!!​

Last edited:
Sebrights ARE true bantams, with no large fowl version of the breed.

Mine are so cute. Even the two little roos right now, being obnoxiously obsessed with trying to mount any girl they can. I have two Sebright pullets, one Silver and one Golden, but they're not ready to lay yet. So the Gang of Two grab passing LF ladies, hop on, and bounce along as the ladies just keep walking. Too much space across their backs for the boys to get into the proper position. Really kind of funny, but most annoying to the ladies.

The little girl Sebrights just run and hide; they don't know what the heck is going on, yet!

Back
Top Bottom