sebright thread

WE NEED PICS!
pop.gif

Hey guys. I don't belong in this thread! So sorry for the intrusion. I have a friend with a 16yo kid that is looking for some silver sebrights. Does anyone have some eggs they would ship? He had golden? maybe and wants some silver but everyone of them that he has look at around here are more pet quality. He'd like some that are more show/breeder quality. Thanks in advance and hopefully someone can help me out!! PS - he is chiclken crazy and would spoil them rotten!!

I'm taking a chance not watermarking it.... here is a rough pic of my breeding flock. Just took it walking by... it wasn't a real photo shoot. lol

I have found with the bantams like the sebrights... I can keep more roos in... this flock is two boys, two girls and NEVER one fight. That is a huge plus in my book for bantams. I'll try my best to make a point of going out and getting photos of them... better photos. (I'm really bad about getting to uploading... so stay on top of me!)

47639_792010_010.jpg

I used to have some Sebrights. Once all my hens died I have one Silver Sebright left and that was the meanest chicken alive. Everytime I walked out to the barn he would attack me...finally he died. I've never really liked any breed with Rose combs because they always seem so agressive.

...but I have to admit they are very stylish breed and look great in any poultry flock.

~ Aspen

I have never had one that was agressive, always the opposite experience. Now when the male is in with his hens he can be a bit protective but when pulled out cleaned up and prepped for show they are gracefull and easily handled. When never handled they can be a bit flighty.

Quote:
That could be true, as I never handled him as a chick or as an adult. I remember he and a Black Rose comb roo both "loved" the same Brown Leghorn hen and they would never go inside the coop, they always preferred to stay outside. They were very protective over that hen!
lol.png

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom