sebright thread

Pics
Here are a few pics of my Sebrights. We picked these up from Estes Hatchery when they were less than a day old. Wehave Sissy, Boy I and Boy II. Found out that Boy II is actually an OEGB. So he is now going by the name of Otis!!!!

99406_045.jpg

Boy I
99406_042.jpg

Otis
99406_img_1506.jpg

Boy I
99406_img_1510.jpg

Will post more pics later, my comp is not wanting to upload at this time!!!

I live in Chester County, PA. I am looking for a good home for my Golden Sebright rooster. He was purchased through MY PET CHICKEN. Hatched on Easter Sunday (this past).

88093_2011-07-03_10-15-02_31.jpg

Quote:
based on size and Type they probably came from Lyle King? they are good looking birds.

I don't remember who sold them to me, I just bought them because they were beautiful
big_smile.png
. I do wish the hen would lay. I'll probably get another soon. Also, when you say they are good looking, are they good quality? As in, do they come anywhere close to meeting the SOP?

Last edited:
Do you guys innoculate your Sebrights against Marek's? I'm getting SL eggs in tommorow and assuming any of them hatch, I'm debating on having the vaccine ready to go.
hmm.png

Where we're living right now has a large population of wild ducks, and the house we're moving to (in about a month and a half) has a few neighbors with chickens, so it's not unthinkable that they could be exposed.

Also, I wanted to put them on an organic chick starter, but I saw someone here posted having lost several chickens to Coccidiosis?

Any opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Quote:
I've never innoculated any of my birds against anything, and I haven't lost one to disease. We have a pond with huge flocks of wild ducks and geese, and neighbors with birds, and I haven't had a problem
big_smile.png
maybe I'm just lucky
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom