sebright thread

Pics
Why in the world would I take it personally? I didn't make her.
Any way she'll be bred one way or another the question is whether I should bother breeding her to a seabright as such. Roosters will do as roosters will do. I think perhaps her posture is not complete giving her age and I think in the photo she was slightly crouched and ready raising her wings in the process and her breast should fill out some yet as well but I don't know can all this be assessed at her age ? She might be darker I often have to adjust brightness and contrast n my pic with this camera so it might be washed out and she has just started to molt into her adult plumage so who knows what she will look like. she'll make some pretty mutts if not seabrights.

Last edited:
can someone post a pic of show winning(or show worthy ) seabright cock and hen posed and relaxed around the yard so we all can judge our birds better. I went through and looked at all the pics ad there is only one or two and all roo. no show hens . Thanks

can someone post a pic of show winning(or show worthy ) seabright cock and hen posed and relaxed around the yard so we all can judge our birds better. I went through and looked at all the pics ad there is only one or two and all roo. no show hens . Thanks
I 2nd this!!! I would LOVE
love.gif
to see some show quality picts of some beauties around the yard or coop :):):)
celebrate.gif

This pullet and cockerel are "show quality". The cockerel is the one pictured earlier. He won Reserve Champion RCCL and lots of Best of Breeds. The pullet is my boy's showmanship bird. She never wins because the cockerel always beats her. LOL

This pullet and cockerel are "show quality". The cockerel is the one pictured earlier. He won Reserve Champion RCCL and lots of Best of Breeds. The pullet is my boy's showmanship bird. She never wins because the cockerel always beats her. LOL
Gorgeous birds. Thank you for sharing!

Yup, gorgeous, I can see now that the posture is probably poor on mine but I have not really watched for it . I will if it ever stops raining go out and look at her with educated eyes now . Thanks

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
love.gif
mine are 2 weeks now
big_smile.png
and I'm just hoping for some nice lacing!...right now! and then at least decent posture and build....as they are just pets...but I hope they look somewhat like yours, once grown!!!! or I may have to get some hatching eggs from a better source! As they are my eye candy birds so I am hoping they will be pretty :)

Oh man, I can't wait for my sebright to molt and get his new feathers, he's just amazing but his comb is more henny that rooster-ery. Here's him a while ago <3

Last edited:
How's that Henny?? It's huge and floppy and purple

I preferred the GSB to the SSB but I might be more accepting now . These white based birds really show off the lacing.

Back
Top Bottom