sebright thread

Pics
I had 2 almost this dark, if white is coming in on there wings then I would think they are sliver's .... I wonder about their future lacing...if they will be mostly black?...of my 8 only 2 were lighter and 2 were very dark the 2 very dark ones do seem to have less white on their body feathers...but they are only 5 weeks old...so we will see

Not sure how the lacing quality relates to the down color of a chick. I also have silver's with different shades of chick down.

Those chicks look nice!
love.gif

im kinda ****** off at my self today... i took all the eggs that didn't hatch out and broke them.. in 3 of them there was full grown baby chicks. would they have hatched? the hatch date was yesterday but all the others hatched 1-2 days early. should i have left them for a few more days or no.. im so upset right now im almost crying please tell me i didnt do something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No they wouldn't have hatched, any eggs that don't hatch after the 24 hr mark or so really aren't meant to make it (without assistance and there's ALWAYS a reason why the chick didn't hatch) because they probably had some kind defect like a twisted internal organ that didn't allow them to peck the right way. Just nature.

Last edited:
I've had a few chicks that will make it all the way (21days) and die in the shell. Sometimes, I will go in and open up the eggs at 21 days and pull the chicks out. Most of them make it just fine. You just never know what will happen. Sometimes, to me, its worth the chance.

That makes me feel better.. it's just suck being this is my first time hatching and breaking open those eggs and seeing tthose chicks dead just kinda made me feel like I failed.

Back
Top Bottom