Sebrights???

TexasChicken12

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
I am a beginner, and have a small flock of: 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Plymoth Rocks, 2 Red Stars, and 3 Buff Orpingtons. Can I put a sebright in there? Are sebrights very friendly or are they mean? I've heard so many different things! Are they decent layers? Can I even put a bantom in with my other hens? How big are they? I love the way they look!
big_smile.png
I know nothing about bantoms in general.
idunno.gif
Thanks so much for your time.
smile.png

Last edited:
I've found that my Sebrights were quite flighty, and the cockerel was slightly aggressive. They were beautiful, but I didn't care much for their personalities.

I really enjoy my Sebright. She was raised with our others; so she doesn't get picked on much. She did go broody after a few weeks of consistent laying... and now she lays only occasionally. I'm wondering if she has a secret stash somewhere. I call her my "crazy little chicken" but she's so much fun- tons of personality. She doesn't like to be held, but will tolerate being petted every now and again. Great flier so our run is covered so she can't get out. i am hoping to get another one soon!
love.gif

They have tons of personally!
The bloodlines from show stock and hatchery stock can be very different. But both are beautiful! They are about the size of a pigeon. My goldens lay 5 to 6 days a week, and the silvers about 3 days a week. Hatchery birds generally lay better, partly because they are bigger bodied.

Back
Top Bottom