**~~>>Second Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon<<~~**all poultry welcome!

This is strictly anarchy around here, but there are a few contests, to which I'll link on the front page soon...right now I'm speculating on the merits of skinning my two young cats because they are yowling at the top of their lungs because they are in HEEEEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTT and they want a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN...and we keep tripping over them because they run in front of us and then hit the deck and assume the position...it's really plenty enough to make me bonkers.

I"m heading out to the farm...I'll update stuff later!

meeeeeeooooowwww

SCG
hugs.gif

Thanks Ron for the CdM Daily News! You rock!!!

Renee, your poor cats! Poor you! *snicker, snort* I'm sorry....BWAHAAAAHAAAAHAAA!

I keep tripping over dogs, and as clumsy as I am, I don't need the help to fall on my.......ummm face. That's it, face.
big_smile.png

I'm tripping over puppies. We have three 5 week old Chinese Crested puppies right now. They are bored with their whelping box now so I've set up a system of X-pens and baby gates in the kitchen. They hang out in the kitchen for most of the day and while I know they love the extra space to run around and explore they aren't too happy about the fact that their mama is an expert gate jumper/climber and needs breaks from them. I can relate, I need breaks from my DD too. lol.

I really enjoy having puppies around since they are so cute, it'll be bitter sweet when they go to their new homes.

My friend sent me ancona duck eggs!!! 17 and shipped! NO ROLLING or LOOSE AIR CELLS!! 17 of them!!
ep.gif

So I set them tonight along with some P/brahma and silkies!

Anybody here hatch quail eggs? The last few times I have set some I seem to have a bunch end up cracking and not developing. Does anyone that hatch these also have this problem? I'm sure they would do better with the proper trays (right now I am using egg flats with the bottom cut out). I wrapped cotton around them this time in hopes that it would improve the cracking problem, but it doesn't seem much better. I have a guy that ordered 100 quail and I only have 104 left over from 12 dozen eggs. I doubt I will end up with the 100 he wants, but hopefully I can come close.
Mine crack very easy also. I am getting ready to start collecting to set next week

Back
Top Bottom